Matches
Patch 23.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 13.01.2023
Test #2
Date: 13.01.2023

Hey Guys,

This is my attempt to replicate the idea of Gasperini's Atalanta while adding Torino's mentality of defensive play. Last season Torino was the tightest team at the with exception of the top 4. This allowed them to upgrade from being a bottom table team in 18/19, 19/20 to a mid-table team. They also managed to win with Milan just recently, scoring 1:0 in the stoppage time, while having only 10 players on the pitch for the last 50 minutes. Out of 33(!) Milans attempts only 8 were on target.

You will not see a lot of goals but this the tight defense allows engaging bigger teams. Especially the box should be air tight. This can be seen on the fixture screenshot. The 2nd part of the Atalanta test season shows them winning with all of the Italy's major clubs. My hope is to this begin the best defensive tactic on this site and conceding the least amount of goals while not being overall trash.

Here is the tactic:

This is the classic 343 idea of play. The back 5 provides safety at the back. The 2 pivots - ball distribution while also engaging at the front. The 2 wide full backs aim at finding the strikers with the crosses, while the 2 AMs - begin the more creative players are looking for space between the defenders. Overall its a good alternative to more offensive 343 on this site, useful for smaller teams or if you are matched against a team of similar size, ex. in CL. I would change the mentality to offensive if you are playing with much smaller teams.

Test table:

Fixtures:

Individual performances:

Hope you'll enjoy.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment