Date: 15.12.2022
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

Useless_4-4-2

Yeah okay, I didn't expect the tweak to do score this high... Well at least we know the 4-4-2 diamond works with IW, which dramatically increases the player pool :D

Some pieces of advice :
1) Set Piece : This just uses the default set piece routine, so if you have one that works better definitely use it !
2) DM (Def) : As tested in 'its Christmas tweak 4', there is minimal difference between DM (Def) and DLP (Def), you can swap around... entirely depends on what player you have available

Also, like any other tactic this is not a magic bullet - It just helps them perform better / more consistently... Rather you should pick a tactic that suits your current team to bring the best out of them

Full credit to @crizeKOS for developing the framework for this

gj!!!

Yes, the result of this tactic proves that Inverted Wingers can work as good as Defensive Wingers

Great results! Makes sense, with IW suffering a bit in terms of defense but gaining on offence. I would anticipate if IW works then a simple winger should work as well. Has anyone tested it?

kjarus said: Great results! Makes sense, with IW suffering a bit in terms of defense but gaining on offence. I would anticipate if IW works then a simple winger should work as well. Has anyone tested it?

I guess not properly, @MemorizableUsername did an amazing job with the IW PIs tough and the macro tactic instructions to adapt them.

MemorizableUsername said: Yeah okay, I didn't expect the tweak to do score this high... Well at least we know the 4-4-2 diamond works with IW, which dramatically increases the player pool :D

Some pieces of advice :
1) Set Piece : This just uses the default set piece routine, so if you have one that works better definitely use it !
2) DM (Def) : As tested in 'its Christmas tweak 4', there is minimal difference between DM (Def) and DLP (Def), you can swap around... entirely depends on what player you have available

Also, like any other tactic this is not a magic bullet - It just helps them perform better / more consistently... Rather you should pick a tactic that suits your current team to bring the best out of them

Now Im wondering if I inverted footed DWs may increase XMas goalscore output :woot:

MemorizableUsername said: Yeah okay, I didn't expect the tweak to do score this high... Well at least we know the 4-4-2 diamond works with IW, which dramatically increases the player pool :D

Some pieces of advice :

Attached is the included version of @ZaZ's set pieces to your tactic.

UnderlapHeaven_v1.2 +zazsetp.fmf
Downloaded : 460 times
Uploaded : Dec 15, 2022

GJ! :)

pixar said: Attached is the included version of @ZaZ's set pieces to your tactic.

Much appreciated !

@MemorizableUsername did u test it with IWB on support?

crizeKOS said: @MemorizableUsername did u test it with IWB on support?

I am getting good results with IWB-Su in my current tactic. Should be worth to try.

ZaZ said: I am getting good results with IWB-Su in my current tactic. Should be worth to try.

@ZaZ Im wondering if we can improve XMas throught similiar tweaks that @Chocorelo19 made on Prometheus, for instance. I mean, the logic behind. IWB would take a large part on it, at least for me.

@Chocorelo19 can u take a look on this one, please?

Would switching DM to DLP make any difference to this do you think? As per XMAS_twd variations?

Thanks

crizeKOS said: @MemorizableUsername did u test it with IWB on support?

Less goals scored, conceded the same for some odd reason.
It could be bad RNG but early simulations with Liverpool saw them not challenging for the title by Oct/Nov... Normally we would be 1st/2nd by then

Pip said: Would switching DM to DLP make any difference to this do you think? As per XMAS_twd variations?

Thanks

Not much difference, entirely up to your personal preference and player availability. Ultimately most good DMs make good DLPs.

crizeKOS said: @Chocorelo19 can u take a look on this one, please?

Yes, I will do

MemorizableUsername said: Not much difference, entirely up to your personal preference and player availability. Ultimately most good DMs make good DLPs.

As far as I know, FM has a concept of Playmakers and Target players, which makes those players more attractive to passes from teammates. That means a DLP will naturally receive more passes than a DM during a normal match.

Quick question cause I am new to all this tactic stuff and google doesnt have the answer. Do inverted wing backs work better with players that have there strong foot to the opposing side to cut in like using inverted forwards?

3lueprint said: Quick question cause I am new to all this tactic stuff and google doesnt have the answer. Do inverted wing backs work better with players that have there strong foot to the opposing side to cut in like using inverted forwards?

Good question ! While I have no conclusive proof, I don't think it matters :
1) The IWBs are not driving into the box or taking shots (nor do you want them to, cause they tend to have abysmal finishing)
2) They tend to make the simple pass to the IWs in front of them or long passes from deep

Personal simulations are with Liverpool, Trent on the right, Robertson on the left they get ~15-20 assists each per season.

which attributes are the best for each role? thanks for sharing the tactic

Sjel said: which attributes are the best for each role? thanks for sharing the tactic

GK : GK reflexes
IWB + DM : Endurance (stamina)
Everyone else : Quickness (Pace & Acceleration)

It's looksgood bro

Hi guys, can you please help with advice on training schedule routine and OI opposition instrions. Can I leave the assistant manager dealing with them or?

Leontin said: Hi guys, can you please help with advice on training schedule routine and OI opposition instrions. Can I leave the assistant manager dealing with them or?

Training refer to this : https://fm-arena.com/thread/2702-zaz-fire/
OI : Nothing, I also ignore the Assistant Manager suggestions (except for focus play on Left / Right)

Cherknam said: Absolutely brilliant tactic mate, appreciate you sharing it. Are there important differences between the attributes needed for the two CBs, given that one is cover and one is defend? Also does ZaZ's training schedule work for developing young players? thanks

Nah not really, you would (ironically) notice the 'Cover' CB will make marauding runs into the opponent's half / final third with the ball (like what Matip does in Liverpool); reason for this is they have the player role 'dribble more' without 'hold position'.

ZaZ training schedule works fine, though for young players its more important to have playing time and individual training emphasis on quickness.

Cherknam said: Okay thank you. Just out of curiosity, other than endurance and speed, what stats should I look for in my DM? tackling, marking, passing etc?

Free Kick is nice to have to bang in an extra goal or two.

Cherknam said: Sorry to keep bothering you, but how do you do the training? Do I just import ZaZ's schedule in the 'Schedules'? Or is there something else I need to do to get them to train properly? Because I import ZaZ's schedule but it doesn't show up on my calendar for training

No worries, once you import the schedule you need to click 'Save' on the bottom.
Next when you go into your training 'Schedule', you need to individually select it under 'Custom Schedule' for EVERY WEEK of the season... if you figure out how to make it the default training schedule for the whole season let me know ! Will save ~10 mins of my life every season

Cherknam said: What are the most important stats for DM (other than endurance)? Also, did you test with "shoot less often" PI on IWBs - I changed them to have it as they were missing chances left, right and centre.

Pace & Acceleration is king. Yeah I did that, but they seem to shoot never the less.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment