Date: 22.12.2022
Test #4
Test #5
Test #6

ZaZ - Water 3.5

My most recent submission is also double VOL with IWB and I like the way it played but I was quite confused by the IWB positioning. Far fewer runs up the middle than I saw in fm22, which is why I selected overlaps instead of underlaps. Did you notice this too? I wonder if VOL position interferes and they prefer to go wider

tom100000000000 said: My most recent submission is also double VOL with IWB and I like the way it played but I was quite confused by the IWB positioning. Far fewer runs up the middle than I saw in fm22, which is why I selected overlaps instead of underlaps. Did you notice this too? I wonder if VOL position interferes and they prefer to go wider

You tried underlaps with focus play through middle?

tom100000000000 said: My most recent submission is also double VOL with IWB and I like the way it played but I was quite confused by the IWB positioning. Far fewer runs up the middle than I saw in fm22, which is why I selected overlaps instead of underlaps. Did you notice this too? I wonder if VOL position interferes and they prefer to go wider

I will do one last test in this patch, switching IWB for WB, and W for IF, to see if that improves the tactic. If it doesn't, then I will wait for next patch before testing more.

CBP87 said: You tried underlaps with focus play through middle?

I haven’t, that’s a good idea!

ZaZ said: I will do one last test in this patch, switching IWB for WB, and W for IF, to see if that improves the tactic. If it doesn't, then I will wait for next patch before testing more.

Gotcha, is another match engine update expected soon? I can’t remember when 22.3 came last year

tom100000000000 said: I haven’t, that’s a good idea!

Gotcha, is another match engine update expected soon? I can’t remember when 22.3 came last year

I don't think it will be so soon, maybe in February. I just want to play some career without worrying with tests for a while so I can share gameplay tips with some people.

Anyway, what I have observed is that IWB is not getting as close to the box as in FM22. I am investigating if that is caused by a duo of DMs, or because I use Wingers instead of Inside Forwards. I will submit this last test to confirm it, then take a break.

I'm glad to read that you are going to play in a more relaxed way (at least for a while...). I still prefer to use your tactics as I did with previous game. I think that a few points difference on the table might also depend on factors that are very difficoult to determine. So I go on my way which is your way. Happy Holidays!

Create an account or log in to leave a comment