Training in a "dream" world

by KBB, Apr 23, 2023

I'm starting to get into training a bit more. I used to just get my assistant to do it, the  I downloaded a few highly rated training schedules and used them. Now I want to try and develop a system of my own with the main aim of being growth of players attributes.

I'm going to try, probably the wrong way, but I'm going to try anyway, of working out what a "dream" schedule might look like and work backwards to eliminate injuries, fatigue,player annoyance and all the things we would likely see.

My start point is as follows. If injury and the like are not a factor and can be ignored for simplicity. What would I do to maximise growth and would like to ask other players for their input.

My initial start point is intensity. Double intensity would surely mean extra hard training, so therefore more growth.

Match practice. This seems to be the highest weight for all positions involvement.

Individual training. Position and role specific  eg a player match role being advance forward should be training as an advanced forward.

So my initial start point would be every single session being match practice, double intensity and position specific. Obviously this is not possible or practical so now I throw it open to the forum. Which other element of training do you find most important?

I'd say Training isn't the key element that determines the growth rate of your players.

Training affects many other important things:

- Improves the "Team Cohesion" and the higher "Team Cohesion", the better your team plays.
- Keeps your player happy which improves their "Morale" and helps winning matches.
- Prevents the "Matches Sharpness" of your player to drop drastically between matches.
- Manages the "Conditions" level of your players. Hard Training can kill the "Conditions" of your players.
- Determines which attributes your player are gonna develop.

But if we're talking about the development rate of the players then there are other things that have higher impact on it - https://fm-arena.com/thread/2671-player-development-and-training/

In my own experience I have found that increasing the intensity too much just leads to more injuries and maybe +1 CA increase for players. I find that balancing the load to get the most intensity while avoiding injuries, recovering condition, maintaining sharpness and improving team cohesion to be the most important and interesting part of training.

If you want to completly ignore injuries though then as you said the best possible training would be double intensity with the match practice hack someone posted here, this would lead to an insane number of training injuries though I think.

Youtubers like Evidence Based FM and Zealand have both done great reserach on this topic and they dive into details that I can't possibly cover here. Feel free to ask more specific questions

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. Double intensity is going to form part of my development schedule for players on the fringe of the team. I'm going to run tests of my own to see how injuries occur, the type and duration of I juries and then tweet accordingly. My aim I'd to create a series of schedules thst are basically "one notch" below injuries, unhappiness and lack of development of other areas.

Thanks

Create an account or log in to leave a comment