Test #9
Date: 17.06.2023
Test #10
Date: 17.06.2023

424 Overlap - Paradox

Overlap instead of Underlap

Spaghetti League :

player instructions?

Third year as manager for Liverpool on a journey manager save. Season is 3032/33 and I won the 3 seasons I have manage them. The season before I tested the 4-1-2-1-2 Re-Cookie VI with all wins but lost 2 games. The tactic just looks awesome so tested it this season. Sure I would maybe win the league with many tactics out there. As I have an insanely good team. Man C just got Conference league fotball the last season so I approached interest for haaland and 180M later he was in Liverpool as well. just to know the team is very strong.
The diffrence between Re-Cookie I feel is that most matches is done just halfway through the first half.Both don´t get you many draws. So the stats for 32/33 season.

38 W36 D1 L1 For178 Ag12 GD166 P109
Crazy amount of goals and solid. I have a Croatian newgen CB that is awesome and scores a lot from set pieces Played games 29 and 22 goals. The problem is to find great DM as newgen Caicedo where in the club already. Feels like a good BPD CB will go into the DM role on the defend best. Also the Volante role is hard to find a great one. now I have signed for 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 Re-Cookie so will have to switch focus on the suited roles in this tactic. But even with not perfect attributes for the roles and positions the tactic delievers with force.

Thanks for your work with testing tactics out!

Amazing!!

Tigerman said: Third year as manager for Liverpool on a journey manager save. Season is 3032/33 and I won the 3 seasons I have manage them. The season before I tested the 4-1-2-1-2 Re-Cookie VI with all wins but lost 2 games. The tactic just looks awesome so tested it this season. Sure I would maybe win the league with many tactics out there. As I have an insanely good team. Man C just got Conference league fotball the last season so I approached interest for haaland and 180M later he was in Liverpool as well. just to know the team is very strong.
The diffrence between Re-Cookie I feel is that most matches is done just halfway through the first half.Both don´t get you many draws. So the stats for 32/33 season.

38 W36 D1 L1 For178 Ag12 GD166 P109
Crazy amount of goals and solid. I have a Croatian newgen CB that is awesome and scores a lot from set pieces Played games 29 and 22 goals. The problem is to find great DM as newgen Caicedo where in the club already. Feels like a good BPD CB will go into the DM role on the defend best. Also the Volante role is hard to find a great one. now I have signed for 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 Re-Cookie so will have to switch focus on the suited roles in this tactic. But even with not perfect attributes for the roles and positions the tactic delievers with force.

Thanks for your work with testing tactics out!

Whoever I put at right centre back gets 20 goals a season, these tactics are great!

Hi Delicious, i'm gonna try this tactic. I'm playing with Benfica :)

joshua said: Whoever I put at right centre back gets 20 goals a season, these tactics are great!

Yeah it´s very effective on corners. The newgen croatian CB did play more league matches the season 33/34 M27(1) G30 I rotate a lot to keep the players fresh. So total competitions M50(1) G46. Roony is also impressive but with assist. 33/34 M26(4) G12 A43 and total M47(5) G22 A67. He's my set piece taker of cause.
33/34
38 W36 D2 L0 For194 AG15 GD179 P110
The highest points so far in PL. 34/35 I did score 207 and conceeded the same but drew 1 more game. But remeber this is a very good team with high PA through the team. Either way before I feeled like the AI learned the tactic after a season or two and a change was needed. Maybe I conceed a couple of more goals a season but the amount of goals I do just keeps getting better and better. Just 113 matches unbeaten is really good I think in the league at the moment.
I'm in the 35/36 season and plan that the 37/38 season is the last. New stadium built for that season and hopefully get past Pep in the Hall of Fame list. He's the Arsenal manager at the moment so not any trophies anymore cause I keep winning almost everything the 5 seasons I have managed Liverpool.

So for top teams it works great and extremly well.

A 'Paradox' realy...realy amazing. That's the right word:AMAZING! I like players movements, balls in depth and the pressure on the player who has the ball from the opposing team. this tactic is realy effective in all sences. When Manchester City take 4-1, there's isn't much I can say. I wanna thanks to Delicious for this amazing tactic. Here some screenshots.

FM23 Spaghetti League - 424 Overlap Paradox

Why isn't this tactic #1?? It's the same points (57) but has a better Goal difference.

lordus said: Why isn't this tactic #1?? It's the same points (57) but has a better Goal difference.

If you do the overall isn't really 57 but maybe 56,30 (example) and the n1 is 56,41 (example) that's why this isn't first. And we really don't care about GD around here to be honest

The first loss since the 2032 season now in the beginning of 38/39 in the league. It´s a crazy streak of matches. The hard things is to selling players that you like when they getting older. Haaland got some crazy seasons for me and are not playing for me anymore but is 38 years old in this save. After he left the goals got more spread out over other players.

It´s a journeyman save and England wanted me as their new manager. I have managed Sweden and won the Euros with them. Resigned and thought they would have comed to their peak. Then Mourinho took over after me and won the world cup 2 years after LOL. Think I will be playing this save until FM24 releases. 4 years until the next world cup. Have thoughts to leave Liverpool and maybe go back to Sweden League. Or maybe go to Italy or Spain and see if there are any interesting team that would have me.

A question to anyone that have played this tactic. But like another tactic in the way how it looks when you play with it. As a plug and play this is really good. But I would want a little more possesion based fotball. Testing another tactic with England with 2 Volante on attack instead. started great with a 11-0 win against Greece.

Sorry for the the swedish in the pictures. Just tested to upload some screenshots. And an update for anyone that would want to use this tactic. It´s impressive that the game don´t learn the tactic in the longrun wich I have experienced before in this save.

The 39/40 season where a revenge lol. Now when it's time for FM24 the top isthere in my last save. Is the Englands manager for getting that World Cup win as well. Won the Uefa with Sweden and now with England as well though not with this tactic as They don't have a great DM DEF.

Don't know if anyone is interested but here we go. 39/40 I didn`t lose or draw a single game the hole season in any competion. I tried to get the newgen Emre Dogan to take the 60 goals a season record in the Premier League. But I forgot to switch him into the set pieces setup instead of the RCB. But 58 goals a season is insane. As you see I rested him in the most cup games. Fun small things to go after at this point. I ad some pics of other players that are my stars. Didn`t think that I would go unbeaten and set a new record for most goals during a season in the PL. But here we go

Looking forward for FM24. Have had a break from FM for many years. I`m old and started with CM2 so it`s fun to see what has happened with the game. But wow it`s going to be interesting with the new GE in FM25. Hopefully it`s going to feel to play FM but just evolved. A lot of changes to FM24 as well which will be fun.

Tigerman said: The 39/40 season where a revenge lol. Now when it's time for FM24 the top isthere in my last save. Is the Englands manager for getting that World Cup win as well. Won the Uefa with Sweden and now with England as well though not with this tactic as They don't have a great DM DEF.

Don't know if anyone is interested but here we go. 39/40 I didn`t lose or draw a single game the hole season in any competion. I tried to get the newgen Emre Dogan to take the 60 goals a season record in the Premier League. But I forgot to switch him into the set pieces setup instead of the RCB. But 58 goals a season is insane. As you see I rested him in the most cup games. Fun small things to go after at this point. I ad some pics of other players that are my stars. Didn`t think that I would go unbeaten and set a new record for most goals during a season in the PL. But here we go

Looking forward for FM24. Have had a break from FM for many years. I`m old and started with CM2 so it`s fun to see what has happened with the game. But wow it`s going to be interesting with the new GE in FM25. Hopefully it`s going to feel to play FM but just evolved. A lot of changes to FM24 as well which will be fun.

I assume you just used this 424 Overlap tactic, so my question is do you just use this tactic practically home and away and is there any tweak you have done to make you dominate that way? You also said you were trying another tactic with two VOL on attack. Is that the one you are using?

hamsikarmino said: I assume you just used this 424 Overlap tactic, so my question is do you just use this tactic practically home and away and is there any tweak you have done to make you dominate that way? You also said you were trying another tactic with two VOL on attack. Is that the one you are using?

Yes with Liverpool I use this tactic. Use it as is all the time. When I`m up 3-4 goals I tick off Get Stuck In and that`s it. I do see the CA/PA on the players though. That`s why I can say that the team is extremly good. But It`s hard to get the CA up on younger players. And let go of the older players. Buy potenial wonderkids and see how they play and when they reach 19 they get 2 seasons out on loan.

With the England National team I play with 424 Bombyte Tweak. The DM on def is hard to find great players. Volante is not easy either to find. But you can retrain to the positions in some cases.

So 8 seasons with the 424 Overlap-Paradox tactic. No tweaks at all.

Tigerman said: Yes with Liverpool I use this tactic. Use it as is all the time. When I`m up 3-4 goals I tick off Get Stuck In and that`s it. I do see the CA/PA on the players though. That`s why I can say that the team is extremly good. But It`s hard to get the CA up on younger players. And let go of the older players. Buy potenial wonderkids and see how they play and when they reach 19 they get 2 seasons out on loan.

With the England National team I play with 424 Bombyte Tweak. The DM on def is hard to find great players. Volante is not easy either to find. But you can retrain to the positions in some cases.

So 8 seasons with the 424 Overlap-Paradox tactic. No tweaks at all.

Thanks Tiger 👍 Seeing the potential of this i will try it and hopefully replicate your results 😁

Create an account or log in to leave a comment