click to hide
Test #1
Date: 25.10.2020
Test #2
Test #3

BJT – 2323-Peprique 20.4

Hi, I’m hoping you could please give this a test run for me.

I’m a big fan of possession football, and this is my system I have created so far last patch. The ME isn’t well suited to this style and will be highly inconsistent, but nevertheless I’ve tried to strike a balance where the tactic will play nice with the ball, with a degree of added effectiveness and durability.

I’m hoping this style can get some decent possession numbers with a relative degree of success – and with any luck FM21 might be a little more receptive to this style rather than overpowering gegenpressing and quick tempo again…

Pep / Enrique Hybrid

The tactic aims to replicate the very short and controlling tempo of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona, mixed with the great tendency to counter-attack under Luis Enqrique. And roles are probably a hybrid of the two.

Rather than use positive mentality which is controlled football without a purpose, I’ve gone with attacking mentality where there is a purpose but with TIs that will fall under a more positive mentality.

When teams sit back, watching the team play you should get a feel of Pep’s Barca when trying to probe and camp outside the opponent’s 18 yard box patiently waiting for an opening to appear, further watching the opposition boot the ball back to us to rebuild patiently from the back again following intense counter-pressing high up.

I have also tried to set both defensive and offensive set pieces so it will play a little bit more like the Spaniards do.

Roles

Roles are always a bit ambiguous with defining Barca. However seeing a heatmap online and the general areas the midfielders tend to play in, I’ve gone with the roles shown with player PPMs and PIs being the definition as to how a player will perform within the role.

This more noteable with Xavi, as his movements are box to box but PPMs will promote playing more a playmaker style / dictate tempo etc. I’ve also gone with attacking wing-backs in Dani Alves / Alba, with MSN as the forward trio.

This tactic will be best used in leagues where you’re allowed to play football with opponents less aggressive in their pressing, or where you have a vast superior side with highly technical players.

It should be a system enjoyable to watch in action, and for any that do give it a try will hopefully see what I’m visibly trying to create.

OIs

LB/WBL: show onto left foot
RB/WBR: show onto right foot

ML/AML: show onto left foot
MR/AMR: show onto right foot

SC: show onto weaker foot

Results

I’ve done a few test runs myself on this with the more positive ones available for viewing.

I would say it does have inconsistencies, but I guess naturally that will happen with high possession systems especially with this ME favouring gegenpressing.

But it does show a capability where it can work in a good year and be successful at both the higher and lower levels.

I’m hoping the tests will give a greater idea of the consistencies, and the possession it will currently generate on average as I can’t see this on FM touch.

Ultimately I would like to maximise possession with a degree of consistency in results so this should help provide me a benchmark for when the next FM arrives.

Thanks Again
BJT

Create an account or log in to leave a comment