click to hide
Test #1
Date: 11.08.2023
Test #2
Test #3

Hi, I'm Mario.
I tried to create a tactic that is effective but also looks good. It is not a "meta" tactic but more one based on control of ball possession and vision of the game.
Starting from the beginning, I will try to break down the individual roles to explain what I required of each of them in tactics:

SK: he will try to talk to the defenders when needed but always with prudence;

WB: in addition to his defensive duties, he will try to give lateral support to the midfielders and sometimes he will try to overlap but always in moderation and without carrying the ball too much;

CD (co): will be the most backward defender, ready to recover the opponent's long balls and to cover more of the space of the WB that may have gone up in attack;

BPD (de): he will be the centre-back who will most often play balls with the midfielders and full-backs, most of the time he will make short passes but if he sees some interesting pocketing he can also try to throw;

FB: he will be the more defensive full-back, he will play closer than his colleague on the opposite side and he will cut towards midfield when the VOL will perhaps be in attack;

DM (de): one of the most classic of roles. His task will be to recover balls in midfield, cover from counter-attacks and play with short and simple passes without too many risks;

VOL (at): as if it were a box to box, it will be the link between defense and attack. He has a little more freedom with dribbling and passing but will always be inclined to play the ball on the ground and close;

AP: he will be the "brain" of the team and above all of the attack. Most of the balls pass between his feet and with his vision he will look for a free partner ready to hurt;

IW (su): it will be the inverted winger who will descend more into the heart of the midfield to take the ball, he will have various possibilities such as dribbling, passing it to the AP or to the WB ready to overlap . A tip for this role: get a player who has good stamina;

IW (at): he will be the inverted winger in attack and ready to attack and hurt with dribbling;

AF: simple role, few plays with the ball, short passes but ready to run into the spaces to receive the balls from his teammates.

This was a brief role-by-role summary. This tactic, as already mentioned, aims to have control of possession using a strong intensity both in the possession phase and in the non-possession phase. He also aims to have quick possession, based on quick touches and a lot of ball movement, without despising some throws into spaces when they can be really dangerous. Lastly, I know it's not a 'meta' tactic but I believe and hope there is someone who wants to see their team play well and have a 'good game'. Hope you like it, have fun!

Create an account or log in to leave a comment