Patch 24.0.1 (DB1.0) tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 03.11.2023
Test #2
Test #3

Introducing the "Brown Box", it is more or less the same as the Brazilian Box but with a few changes. Focus down the flanks has been removed, the wing-backs are now told to stay wide and no longer have "cross less often" and the volantes have "dribble more" and "take more risks". Tested with PSG and Le Havre

Hope it works, I've always had this feeling that focusing on flanks was slowing us down

letsgo9 said: Hope it works, I've always had this feeling that focusing on flanks was slowing us down

I think it's just mostly cosmetic rather than slowing us down. Same goes for "step up more" but I'm not removing that yet

Wow. Focus down the flanks for the win

Steelwood said: Wow. Focus down the flanks for the win

:shock:

Steelwood said: Wow. Focus down the flanks for the win

It seems to b working more the narrow systems then

In this one 4123 keep pace III it didnt lmao, Idk what to think anymore

letsgo9 said: In this one 4123 keep pace III it didnt lmao, Idk what to think anymore

Yeah that 4-1-2-3 is such an anomaly and I don't know why

letsgo9 said: In this one 4123 keep pace III it didnt lmao, Idk what to think anymore

There's a lot of RNG with the 1200 game tests. I wouldn't look too deep into it

Blau said: There's a lot of RNG with the 1200 game tests. I wouldn't look too deep into it

When they will understand 1200 games are more a gamble then a test will be too late :devil:

Delicious said: When they will understand 1200 games are more a gamble then a test will be too late :devil:

lol

I think there is some explanation for this but it's my guess.

The 433 narrow system with 3 strikers has no wingers first of all. This means that either AP and MEZ open up in half spaces or the wider AFs take on the (inverted?) winger role in more advanced positions.

Basically what seems to happen in general with all systems high up the table is that they build their game from the flanks because FM has had trouble defending from the flanks for many years so this is still very effective.

If the system doesn't have normal wingers, some roles are encourage play from the flanks by default (e.g. WB, MEZ, W, 3ST, ...) then attacks are made from the flanks without the "Focus Play Down Both Flanks" and you have this style of play naturally.

We also see that the W role which in the old FM was, without a second thought, one of the best roles for the wide attacking players but now this is not the case because the secret is half spaces (between the full-backs and the centre backs) so the W role remains on the edges of the pitch with minimal movement inwards. Also the last update on FM23 about more central attacks played a part too. Hence roles like IF/IW bring better results.

This is my opinion in general but I’m still trying to figure it out.

"Focus Play Down The Left/Right" is not an insignificant command. Generally speaking, the selection criteria are related to two points, one is whether the center has an organizational core (such as AP,DLP,F9, etc.), and the second is whether the functional coverage and pass-run relationship of the center or wing is qualified. For example, the Brazilian box strategy, the central Vols+Vols point "Get Further Forward", then the central midfield lack of attacking cover, but also do not have a short pass and run relationship. These are an extension of the basic knowledge of FM, of course, the actual combat is the only standard to test, in fact, the so-called "actual combat" is not only limited to tactical testing, because the specific attributes of the players will actually affect the play of some responsibilities, so that the test effect is reduced, this is also an unsolved problem.

A Smile said: For example, the Brazilian box strategy, the central Vols+Vols point "Get Further Forward", then the central midfield lack of attacking cover, but also do not have a short pass and run relationship.
Can you explain that a little better? Because I don't think that's true.

dzek said: Can you explain that a little better? Because I don't think that's true.

Each of FM's responsibilities has its three values: attack, defense, and response, while the adjacent duties only have a pass-run relationship, and there are functional coverage between areas including: offensive cover, defensive cover, defensive forcing, opening the gap, security, and creating opportunities. Of course, depending on the back, midfield and front, the coverage requirements are different.

The framework I use is in Chinese, which is made by a Chinese tactical master according to the FM database, which can analyze tactics and create tactics very well. But my English is so poor that I can't speak accurately.

dzek said: Can you explain that a little better? Because I don't think that's true.

https://ratemytactic.web.app/en
You can take a look at this webpage, this is in English, just not so intuitive.

@A Smile Sorry but i don't understand exactly what you are trying to say.
Never mind. Keep testing :D

Create an account or log in to leave a comment