Test #1
Date: 13.11.2023
Test #2
Test #3

4231 Death Star II

Double Dribble less BPDs

Comparing this tactic, with this: 4231-death-star, we have 11 points of difference and 17 of G.D. just for giving the two BPDs "dribble less"?! When I see these things I realize how unpredictable FM is and how far it is from football simulation.

I had always wondered why the tactics put "dribble more" on DCs, when they are often not good dribblers. Evidently making DCs dribble breaks the engine in some way.

Stuaret said: Comparing this tactic, with this: 4231-death-star, we have 11 points of difference and 17 of G.D. just for giving the two BPDs "dribble less"?! When I see these things I realize how unpredictable FM is and how far it is from football simulation.

I had always wondered why the tactics put "dribble more" on DCs, when they are often not good dribblers. Evidently making DCs dribble breaks the engine in some way.

If you see the "top" brazilian box have libero and CD combo. I had a hope that, maybe i could do a hard possession tactic :P.

that feeling is already gone, or to be more precise, i will do that but it will never reach 60.

If we are lucky is around 40-45

@Delicious It's kind of weird, the 11 point difference between the other tactic with the only difference being BPD dribbling less. Can you double check to see if you added anything extra by accident?

When looking at some things in the tactics, you might add/remove some instructions by mistake and then forget about them there. Again, it's very strange.

dzek said: @Delicious It's kind of weird, the 11 point difference between the other tactic with the only difference being BPD dribbling less. Can you double check to see if you added anything extra by accident?

When looking at some things in the tactics, you might add/remove some instructions by mistake and then forget about them there. Again, it's very strange.

I did literally changed just that, it's not like BPDs are full of PI anyway. I was curious because of this results here : https://fm-arena.com/thread/6717-brazilian-box-cb-libero/

Keep in mind that once again we don't really know how much "RNG" hit the runs. i do smell something like 5-7 points on 1200 games(maybe even more but i might be totaly wrong). It's literally luck, if you get normal or turbo runs or if you get the worst possible scenario as well. That's why to get better understanding you run more test possible.

Here you can see more clearly about what i mean about "luck" there are teams that scored crazy amount; what happened if instead of 180+ and 190 it did 122 and 130 (example) you can run the average :)

keep in mind that each team play 100 games each and not 80 as arena and are 4 teams instead of 5

dzek said: @Delicious It's kind of weird, the 11 point difference between the other tactic with the only difference being BPD dribbling less. Can you double check to see if you added anything extra by accident?

There is also W(Su) instead of IF(Su). Still, a notable difference.

Stuaret said: There is also W(Su) instead of IF(Su). Still, a notable difference.

https://fm-arena.com/thread/6926-4231-death-star-iii/

you can check this as well, okay, there is a volante (su) and not double DM. Still pretty shocking to me

Stuaret said: There is also W(Su) instead of IF(Su). Still, a notable difference.
This might explains kind of the results but as we know RNG is a big factor here and especially this year and also with some changes on FM-Arena testing league.

Delicious said: I did literally changed just that, it's not like BPDs are full of PI anyway. I was curious because of this results here : https://fm-arena.com/thread/6717-brazilian-box-cb-libero/
About Libero role this year, its a revamp role (kind of new) itself and it has some interesting movements (in possession). I'm curious to test it sometime in the future. Its kind of a "runner" in CB's position and it moves to DM position when the team has the ball.

Delicious said: Keep in mind that once again we don't really know how much "RNG" hit the runs. i do smell something like 5-7 points on 1200 games(maybe even more but i might be totaly wrong). It's literally luck, if you get normal or turbo runs or if you get the worst possible scenario as well. That's why to get better understanding you run more test possible.
RNG (as I said above) is a big and at the moment unknown factor of this year's edition so we can expect everything related to the distribution of points until FM-Arena staff test it again.

Delicious said:

Here you can see more clearly about what i mean about "luck" there are teams that scored crazy amount; what happened if instead of 180+ and 190 it did 122 and 130 (example) you can run the average :)

keep in mind that each team play 100 games each and not 80 as arena and are 4 teams instead of 5

To be honest "Shoot On Sight/Shoot More Often" are two instructions that I'm testing right now and I see some promising results but I'm still in the begining of these tests so I cant say anything reliable at the moment as I have many other aspect of ME I want to test.

dzek said: This might explains kind of the results but as we know RNG is a big factor here and especially this year and also with some changes on FM-Arena testing league.

About Libero role this year, its a revamp role (kind of new) itself and it has some interesting movements (in possession). I'm curious to test it sometime in the future. Its kind of a "runner" in CB's position and it moves to DM position when the team has the ball.

RNG (as I said above) is a big and at the moment unknown factor of this year's edition so we can expect everything related to the distribution of points until FM-Arena staff test it again.

To be honest "Shoot On Sight/Shoot More Often" are two instructions that I'm testing right now and I see some promising results but I'm still in the begining of these tests so I cant say anything reliable at the moment as I have many other aspect of ME I want to test.

I really like shoot more often as well, but i am literally taking my time to fix my own test league,etc.

It's too hard to judge something on few games, still imagine how people pretend to compare a tactic power on 38 games, still a mystery to me :D

But so far i can say at least FM24 is more "open" to new stuff then FM23 where you couldn't even dream to play narrows tactics on the same level of the others one.

Delicious said: It's too hard to judge something on few games, still imagine how people pretend to compare a tactic power on 38 games, still a mystery to me :D
Look, the most users don't use testing leagues and so they are trying to figure it out through normal seasons. But I think if someone want to have better insights of their tactic (through normal season) they have to pick a mid table team on the 5 big leagues.

Delicious said: But so far i can say at least FM24 is more "open" to new stuff then FM23 where you couldn't even dream to play narrows tactics on the same level of the others one.
FM23 is full of bugs and some are still in FM24. FM24 is definitely in better state but still needs improvements. Besides, you can see from the FM-Arena's table last year to this year the results. For me 57 score is average and this year we passed it and we can go even better. At least I hope so :D

Create an account or log in to leave a comment