Patch 24.1.0 (DB1.0) tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 16.11.2023
Test #2
Test #3

I have been looking for some more defensively solid tactics because as we all know, the meta is to outscore your opponents. I watched many games and made small tweaks to make them play as I wanted to. I found the most success on balanced mentality, as it decreased stupid decisons by my DMs.

Once I was happy with the way we were playing, I did a holiday test with Luton. While 7th place is maybe not incredible, I was happy to only concede 39 goals in 38 games. I should add that we underperformed our xG by 15 (worst in the league), while our xgc was pretty on the money.

I choose Luton because they always finish bottom first season in my saves. I have tried to make defensively solid 1 DM tactics, but so far it seems impossible, you just get caught on the counter way too often and leave too big spaces between defense and midfield. We use double volante to make up for our extremely defensive shape, and get penetration that we are lacking. I like this also because this is actually a lower possession tactic (45% average for this season).

Create an account or log in to leave a comment