Patch 24.2.0 (DB1.0) tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 05.12.2023
Test #2
Test #3

Worried that regens don't know how to cross?

Don't fret, because crossing is optional.

Introducing: 4-2-3-1 Central Domination
Your #1 choice for creating central overloads.

(Pending more testing to verify claims)

Inspired by some of the available 4-2-3-1s around here, mainly Sing, Dance, Rap.

My focus was towards creating a 2-3-5 offensive shape for strong pressing, and entertaining attacking football with beautiful goals from every position. For that, I believe I succeeded. Will the match engine like it in the long run? That remains to be seen.

Also, I was tired of the DM/Vol dominance, so I wanted to try CMs instead. It's likely that an asymmetric version with 1 DM anchor performs better overall. I like vanilla, though.

This tactic is quite fun, with many positional shifts. The FM24 updates to positional play are showcased well.

Inverted Wingbacks and Inside Forwards cut inside a lot, so there is more build-up play and less crossing or hoofing the ball. Lots of progressive carries too.

Testing

I ran 3 seasons to test. I don't believe ManU are the best fit player-wise, but chose them for whatever reason. Below you'll find the best and worst results + bonus my active playthrough with Swallows. I used real-life transfer mode. The worst result was me not realizing I need to register Onana and sub Hojlund for Martial. On vacation whole season.

More images below.

If you try it out in your own game, it would be cool to see how you make it work in the comments.

Player Instructions

It's important that the right CM has Move Into Channels. And possibly a more offensive role performs better. I also use Roaming Playmaker and Mezzala Attack depending on suitability. The AM can also be Advanced Playmaker or Enganche. Play around and see what happens.

Other player instructions are Tackle Harder on everyone, Stay Wider on inside forwards, and Dribble More on central defenders.

Etc.

I also run a low intensity version on the side during my regular gameplay, for when games are already won. That one holds possession better, has lower risk of cards, and conserves energy. It's good for time-wasting. I recommend trying out different things and finding what works for your team.

Enjoy.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment