Test #1
Date: 27.02.2021
Test #2
Test #3
Patch 21.2.2 tests
click to show

This tactic is all about having high intensity to attack and defend, building up the game with short but vertical passes. It's ideal for a team with high determination and natural fitness.

P.S.: Covered part is "Slightly Shorter Passing". I only noticed later.

The formation is 4-4-2 to ensure balance, with 2 players in each section of the field (center defense, center midfield, center attack and both wings). This is important in leagues with low budget or only 5 players on the bench, as you can train players to be effective in both positions from their sector and keep a smaller squad.

The mentality is attacking to ensure your players are committed to vertical soccer. When in possession, they are instructed to play out of defense and work ball into box, passing the ball shorter to keep possession, playing at extremely high tempo to unsettle the opposition and running at defense to progress through dribbling when possible.

The transition is your typical gegenpress, fighting back as soon as possession is lost and immediately looking for counter-attack.

When out of possession, the players will press as early as possible, with extreme urgency. They are instructed to get stuck in and play offside, as well as preventing short goal keeper passes.

All players have personal instructions to pass it shorter (to keep possession), take more risks (to make the game more vertical), get further forward and dribble more (to gain ground), shoot less often (to work ball into box), tackle harder (to fight with everything for the ball). Defensive wingers are set to cross from byline and center midfielder is set to move into channels, to increase penetration.

Roles are:
SK - Defend: Picks up balls in front of penalty area. He is the only player instructed to take less risks, to make sure your team plays out of defense. Ideal profile: Alisson
BPD - Defend: Defend and initiates counter attacks through short and fast passes. Ideal profile: Virgil Van Dijk
IWB - Support: Protect the flanks when defending and become a center midfielder when attacking, providing numerical advantage for the short passing game. Ideal profile: Trent Alexander-Arnold
DLP - Support: Covers the flanks during attack and uses his vision to decide where the game should flow. Ideal profile: Jordan Henderson
CM - Attack: Protects the midfield and surges into the box when the opportunity arises. Ideal profile: Kevin De Bruyne
DW - Support: Protect the flanks and provide crosses from the byline. Ideal profile: Trent Alexander-Arnold
PF - Attack: Put pressure on defenders so they cannot play out of defense and score most goals in the team. Ideal profile: Roberto Firmino

There are no opposition instructions and no set piece takers.

This tactic is well suited to any kind of team, of any division and any budget. It was tested twice in the Premier League, using the first and last media predicted teams and going in holiday as soon as the tactic is set, without any other sort of interaction. Not only the first team won both times, but the last team also figured around the top. Both teams had most goals in the championship, with first team having fewest shots against and fewest goals conceded, while second team had the most tackles won.

Here are some screenshots of scorers, assists and overall performance.

Let me know how the tactic worked for you. Enjoy!

@ZaZ do you need fast defenders for the tactic?

Tsubasa said: @ZaZ do you need fast defenders for the tactic?

As long as they are not slugs, you will do fine.

@Zippo, there is no need to test my other tactics again as they just got worse in the new match engine. Give priority to this one.

ZaZ said: @Zippo, there is no need to test my other tactics again as they just got worse in the new match engine. Give priority to this one.

Ok.

ZaZ said: As long as they are not slugs, you will do fine.

got it, thanks

Tsubasa said: got it, thanks

Keep me in touch about results, please.

I changed to Defensive Winger to Winger and tried it with and Man United and sheesh this is indeed the best 2 striker tactic right now...

infxamus said: I changed to Defensive Winger to Winger and tried it with and Man United and sheesh this is indeed the best 2 striker tactic right now...

Thanks! It helps that people stopped trying with two strikers.

infxamus said: I changed to Defensive Winger to Winger and tried it with and Man United and sheesh this is indeed the best 2 striker tactic right now...

did u change anything else other than the position? i.e DW to wingers

Jawad said: did u change anything else other than the position? i.e DW to wingers

I can say that I've tried the tactic without any changes and it worked great so I don't think you need to change the DW.

This tactic is the predecessor of Red, using strikers instead of shadow strikers. However, Blue is better than Red. You would probably get better results getting Blue 2.2 and changing the SS to strikers. You can do the same to Phoenix or another top tactics and it will probably perform better than this one.

Bogeyman said: I can say that I've tried the tactic without any changes and it worked great so I don't think you need to change the DW.

is it the best two st tactic right now?

Jawad said: is it the best two st tactic right now?

for me this is the best two strikers tactic at the moment :)

Create an account or log in to leave a comment