Patch 21.2.2 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 21.12.2020
Test #2
Test #3

Basically ZaZ 2.0 with Shadow Strikers instead of Pressing Forwards. It looks better, which makes me think SS are performing better than forwards in this patch.

Holiday 1-20th test in Premier League:

P.S.: Red 2.0 is a version that tries to give some identity to Red. Before, Red and Blue were too similar, changing just the attack mentality and passing directness. In practice, they both played the same way, with through passes to the center. Now, Red 2.0 plays more by the flanks, making it behave completely different from Blue.

Results from 2.0 with Fulham and Manchester City in holiday mode.

Enjoy and let me know how it performed for you!

ZaZ - Red 2.0.fmf
Downloaded : 432 times
Uploaded : Jan 4, 2021

Congrats. Only few points differents on the table

ta2199 said: Congrats. Only few points differents on the table

Thank you! It wouldn't last much, though. The tactics are always improving since people get inspiration on better tactics. For example, my tactics improved because of Doom with the shadow strikers thing. Soon someone will discover a new catch and get >7.0 score.

I played FM14 where shadow strikers ruled. Then didnt update until FM19. Here I am with FM21 playing shadow strikers again. I am going to experiment with some of the other pre 21.2.0 patch successful tactics with SS and see what happens. Will definitely be using this one though

Very good offensively with all teams. Interestingly seems to struggle more defensively with weaker/mid tier teams even thou the overall setup is less aggressive than Phoenix

Thank you for the tests! Funny that now my tactic did more goals and took less. I think the difference in results is just statistical variation, with maybe a slight advantage to Phoenix. It would be interesting to make 5 tests of each then compare the median of each team. Median is the one that ranks in the middle, or the 3rd more points of 5 runs, and it's a better measurements for this kind of thing in the field of statistics.

P.S.: To be more clear what statistical variance is, you can just check the difference in points from the same team in both tests, like Manchester City (7 points) or Liverpool (9 pts). They got such a difference using the same strategy, so a difference of only 4 points between Red and Phoenix might not be significant. However, if the median of several runs from Phoenix or Red is better than the other, then you can start to see which one is better. Another approach is to run 5 times each, then rank the runs by points. The one with the highest sum of rank has a higher probability to perform worse. If you can do the runs, I do the statistical analysis, but I understand if you don't have the time to do so.

P.S.2: Don't need to stress much about comparing those two unless you really want to find out which is better. They are too similar, that's why both got 6.9. Eventually a 7.0+ will show up. I will soon post my ZaZ - Green, a variation of Red that is showing lots of promise.

Oh yeah, not stressing. Both are great tactics - i just find it interesting to find out what nuances actually make a difference.

I'll run them a couple of times side-by-side

Hi,

Absolutely no reason to find out which one is the best by comparing these two. They are in my opinion the same.

If you can allow yourself to play with DW and dont considere having sancho as a DW a waste, then go with this one.

It is more a matter of taste.

Hey @ZaZ,

Let me just say thank you for this tactic, which has saved my FM save after it fell off the rails when the match engine was updated. Solid defensively and lethal in attack, it's the best I've used with the patch and just keeps cranking out the results.

Thanks again and keep it up!

Keakiwi said: Hey @ZaZ,

Let me just say thank you for this tactic, which has saved my FM save after it fell off the rails when the match engine was updated. Solid defensively and lethal in attack, it's the best I've used with the patch and just keeps cranking out the results.

Thanks again and keep it up!

You are welcome! Try Red+ and tell me what you think. It's better than this, but yet to be tested on the website.

P.S.: Nevermind. It just got tested and got worse results. It's weird because it definitely seems better in holiday tests and seeing it play.

I've decided to rename Green into Dark Red, so I can focus on maintaining just two tactics, Red (attacking mentality) and Blue (positive mentality).

Here are the results for holiday test with 1st and 20th media prediction.

ZaZ - Dark Red.fmf
Downloaded : 336 times
Uploaded : Dec 25, 2020

Red 2.0 was added, being not just an improvement, but a change in identity to make it behave different from Blue during the match.

Red 2.0

Create an account or log in to leave a comment