Phoenix

by Magician, Dec 21, 2020

Managing Leeds now with this tactic in the 2nd season and currently first in the premier league with 1 loss. If anyone wants an amazing CM without breaking the bank, go for Mady Camara, hes a goal machine.

+1

Finished my first season with Dinamo Zagreb using Phoenix v5... guess one could say it went pretty well ;-)

+3

Second game of the season. Im the much better team (Dinamo vs Suduva from Lithuania) but still.. its champions league qualifying so its not like its an amateur team. I can't remember the last FM I had something like this. And an xG of 8.73 ?? Is that a record ?? lol

4 players scored a 10.0, even one that came in as a sub. I also had one player getting a 9.2 and one a 9.1. One player still scored a 6.8, I guess i need to sell him lol

+2

DoubleR said: Second game of the season. Im the much better team (Dinamo vs Suduva from Lithuania) but still.. its champions league qualifying so its not like its an amateur team. I can't remember the last FM I had something like this. And an xG of 8.73 ?? Is that a record ?? lol

4 players scored a 10.0, even one that came in as a sub. I also had one player getting a 9.2 and one a 9.1. One player still scored a 6.8, I guess i need to sell him lol


Let me guess, 6.8 was the DM?

+1

Prutton said: Let me guess, 6.8 was the DM?

Close: the CM! The DM actually got one of the 10's with 2 goals and 2 assists ;-)

+1

Hi Chaps...Quick question, I'm an Xbox player this year. Do the players have any individual instructions?

0

Hazyjane said: Hi Chaps...Quick question, I'm an Xbox player this year. Do the players have any individual instructions?

Hi,

Here's a vid which shows the PIs - https://fm-arena.com/thread/784-phoenix/page-8/#comment-3682

0

Eric said: Hi,

Here's a vid which shows the PIs - https://fm-arena.com/thread/784-phoenix/page-8/#comment-3682


Thanks! Muchas gracias

0

Anyone has a good recommendation for a Right Winger (so right-footed) ? Wonderkid(under 21 at the start of the game) if possible. I got Nico Williams for the Left Wing and he's great (he got much better since the update, I recommend him)  !

0

Jimmy said: Anyone has a good recommendation for a Right Winger (so right-footed) ? Wonderkid(under 21 at the start of the game) if possible. I got Nico Williams for the Left Wing and he's great (he got much better since the update, I recommend him)  !

In which league?

0

Prutton said: In which league?

French Ligue 1

I got 2nd with FC Metz on my first season and managed to finish first on my second season !




Funny thing is I got Neco Williams on loan, yeah only one letter different from my Left Winger hahaha. But I'd like to buy someone for next season !

Edited 17 days ago by Jimmy
0

After an unbeaten season with Dinamo Zagreb (104 points) and winning the cup too in my second season in the club I let my contract run out after two years: time for something new!

I had my eyes set on either the Swiss, Danish, Scottish or Austrian league. Then Rapid Wien came up which I thought was a really interest club. Just when the talks started, however, RB Salzburg became available because their manager left for Atletico Madrid.

well then the choice is easy haha, RB Salzburg was high on my list of clubs I wanted to manage. So RB Salzburg, here I come!

Can’t wait to try out Phoenix at that club :)

+1

So is the best narrow tactic the tweak by Dimartino? Ive been using veez strikerless forever and was thinking about changing it up a bit

0

famulor said: So is the best narrow tactic the tweak by Dimartino? Ive been using veez strikerless forever and was thinking about changing it up a bit

If by narrow you mean without wingers, then it's Void.
https://fm-arena.com/table/11-patch-21-4-0/

0

Prutton said: If by narrow you mean without wingers, then it's Void.
https://fm-arena.com/table/11-patch-21-4-0/


Thats exactly what i meant :) cheers

0

If you haven’t tried a journeyman save before, give it a go! Having so much fun with it. here is a link to my post on Reddit with my full story: https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/mnofhk/if_you_havent_tried_a_journeyman_save_before_give/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

During this save I have mostly used the Phoenix tactic so that’s really a big factor in how much fun I had so far :)

+1

Test this tactic (v5) on Fmbase test league!
Overall 311
Wonderfull result for top team!
Maybe for Ca 140 not good pace and acceleration players for this tactic

+1

"IMPORTANT: Ask you assistant manager to make substitutions only after 70 min."
You said this in the opening post, how to do that? My ass man 2min into the game subs my striker. WTF

0

Zomba said: "IMPORTANT: Ask you assistant manager to make substitutions only after 70 min."
You said this in the opening post, how to do that? My ass man 2min into the game subs my striker. WTF


It's because your striker is not natural at that position. Your AM will sub him or play him at different position because of that

0

ta2199 said: It's because your striker is not natural at that position. Your AM will sub him or play him at different position because of that

Is there anyway to stop the AI from doing that?

0

Zomba said: "IMPORTANT: Ask you assistant manager to make substitutions only after 70 min."
You said this in the opening post, how to do that? My ass man 2min into the game subs my striker. WTF


Hi,

In the match plans you can instruct your assistant manager to make subs only after a specific time.

I know that the match plans feature works correctly in FM Touch version and I don't know whether it works correctly in the full version.

0

Zomba said: Is there anyway to stop the AI from doing that?

you can selected the formation and tick the box "Use the selected team selection" and then go on holiday. Usually the AM will played the ST as AMC for 1st half

0

I was retest on Mr l test 352 pts:blink:
Different result for CA 140. Will retest again)

Edited 4 days ago by Asstem
+1

Tested 3 more times
Results for 5 test:
The best is 352pts
Worst is 311pts
On 5 test average it turned out:
~332.4pts
ca 165 188,8
ca 140 143.6

+1

It really puzzles me that Phoenix and Blue didn't do very well in fm-base last patch. In your tests, it had a big variation in five tests, which makes me think they just got a bad day in the office, like your 311 worst score (which is still pretty high anyway).

0

I was test zaz blue 3 times. Not good results for this test league(

+1

Asstem said: I was test zaz blue 3 times. Not good results for this test league(

Hmm... I will see if I can make some changes to improve the results for weaker teams.

0

Prutton said: Hmm... I will see if I can make some changes to improve the results for weaker teams.

In FM-Base testing the assistant manager picks the team. Your ZaZ - Blue uses Defensive Wingers and the assistant manager picks slow wingers with high defensive skills for these roles so your tactics is tested with slow wingers with high defensive skills and Phoenix tactic is tested with regular wingers. Something like that can't happen in FM-Arena testing and that's why it's my favorite testing. :)

+3

Bogeyman said: In FM-Base testing the assistant manager picks the team. Your ZaZ - Blue uses Defensive Wingers and the assistant manager picks slow wingers with high defensive skills for these roles so your tactics is tested with slow wingers with high defensive skills and Phoenix tactic is tested with regular wingers. Something like that can't happen in FM-Arena testing and that's why it's my favorite testing. :)

That explains a lot. Anyway, I finally got some good improvements to Blue, after one hundred failed tests. It gives way better results to Fulham and slightly better to Manchester City, so I guess it will perform better overall (results here can always be different from my tests). I'm just cleaning up to release it. Anyway, this is not the topic to talk about Blue.

0

Asstem said: Tested 3 more times
Results for 5 test:
The best is 352pts
Worst is 311pts
On 5 test average it turned out:
~332.4pts
ca 165 188,8
ca 140 143.6



Which tactic is the best one in testing?

0
Create an account or log in to leave a comment