ZaZ - Blue 3.0

by ZaZ, Jan 12, 2021

The first season is over. Even though we had a lot of injuries, we were champions.In the last part of the season there was a serious decline in the team, especially after losing the Cup final to real Madrid . Next season we'll see...

Fantastic tactic as we are all aware but has anyone ever tinkered with the DLP role? Mine is a world class player but he hardly ever scores above a 7. Whoever is in the role really...love the cm on attack tho :D

GlynnLFC said: Fantastic tactic as we are all aware but has anyone ever tinkered with the DLP role? Mine is a world class player but he hardly ever scores above a 7. Whoever is in the role really...love the cm on attack tho :D

Having a low rating is a destiny of DM position in any tactic, it's just the way Match Engine works in FM and you can't do anything about.

I hope FM22 improves on this then :)

GlynnLFC said: I hope FM22 improves on this then :)

In FM DMs, Full Backs, Central Midfielder and Central Defenders get lower rating compared with other positions. I think the devs did it work like that to prevent these from getting Golden Ball ahead for Strikers, Inside Forward and Wingers(like it happens in real life) because in FM the average rating during the season is what's taken into consideration when it comes to the Golden Ball winner.

Check this out! I just moved the DLP into central defence with the Lib att role and hes bossed it. I`ll continue with this and report after 15-20 games how its performed.

Not sure if it matters but what's the recommended pitch dimensions?

Droid said: In FM DMs, Full Backs, Central Midfielder and Central Defenders get lower rating compared with other positions. I think the devs did it work like that to prevent these from getting Golden Ball ahead for Strikers, Inside Forward and Wingers(like it happens in real life) because in FM the average rating during the season is what's taken into consideration when it comes to the Golden Ball winner.

I believe they have a high weight for dribbling, and those positions don't dribble as much. Defenders can still get good score when they get some goal from corner, or when they make many interceptions/disarms.

Han106 said: Not sure if it matters but what's the recommended pitch dimensions?

MAximum size. Longer field means more space behind opponents for through balls, while wider field means more space between opponents, allowing for more through balls.

Second game using a lib instead of the DLP, looking at the rating he does have some influence on the game.

Sorry for the constant uploads im new :D Third match with the lib and the third match in a row hes scored over 7 rating!!...i think my tweak may achieve this tactic a 7.3 rating on Arena ;)

GlynnLFC said: Second game using a lib instead of the DLP, looking at the rating he does have some influence on the game.

Obviously, as a central defender your DM should get higher ratings but overall it lowers the tactic efficiency.

Here're few tactics that are similar to your - 5 Defenders tactics

Guys any filter for attributes that has been shared/made yet for this tactic ?

And if not for what do i need to look for SS paced striker and convert it ?

kcetin20 said: Guys any filter for attributes that has been shared/made yet for this tactic ?

You can turn any paced striker or inside forward or winger or attacking midfielder into SS

Do you know why the 2 ss dom't get green arrows as opossed of 2 strikers or 2 cms?

Maxeneize said: Do you know why the 2 ss dom't get green arrows as opossed of 2 strikers or 2 cms?

What green arrow do you mean ? Morale ?

GlynnLFC said: Sorry for the constant uploads im new :D Third match with the lib and the third match in a row hes scored over 7 rating!!...i think my tweak may achieve this tactic a 7.3 rating on Arena ;)

Individual score of a single player doesn't necessarily mean the tactic is better overall. You can create a topic for it to be tested, but I highly doubt it will reach the 6.5 score mark. I'm not saying it to be mean, but Liberos just don't work well in this patch. Any tactic with score over 6.0 is good enough to win championships and impress, sometimes with even lower score than that. I remember having tested the same thing before and the results weren't that good, so I just dropped it.

kcetin20 said: Guys any filter for attributes that has been shared/made yet for this tactic ?

Just remember you can also convert other positions to SS, like CM players.

Maxeneize said: Do you know why the 2 ss dom't get green arrows as opossed of 2 strikers or 2 cms?

I suppose you mean cohesion lines? I'm not sure why they don't get it, it might be just a bug (devs forgot to implement it).

ZaZ said: Individual score of a single player doesn't necessarily mean the tactic is better overall. You can create a topic for it to be tested, but I highly doubt it will reach the 6.5 score mark. I'm not saying it to be mean, but Liberos just don't work well in this patch. Any tactic with score over 6.0 is good enough to win championships and impress, sometimes with even lower score than that. I remember having tested the same thing before and the results weren't that good, so I just dropped it.

I suppose you mean cohesion lines? I'm not sure why they don't get it, it might be just a bug (devs forgot to implement it).

Okay thanks! What about player attributes filter?

Call @Mark, he had one.

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Mark said: https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/5071/

Don't have shortlist in fm self ?

what are the most important skills in tactics right now?

promes10 said: what are the most important skills in tactics right now?

Not sure what you mean by that.

@ZaZ Do you change the tactic when meeting a team quite worse than your own?

I had some experience that I can't score against a very bad team, and if push my players in front, the other team usually scores...

TobyTriceps said: @ZaZ Do you change the tactic when meeting a team quite worse than your own?

I had some experience that I can't score against a very bad team, and if push my players in front, the other team usually scores...

Not really. When you can't score against smaller teams, it's usually because of complacency. It's usually more effective to yell at them at half time than changing tactics.

Also, I usually use train three tactics: Blue when I want to maximize goal difference, Solid Blue when I want to minimize goals conceded and Light Blue to save energy and take less cards. I don't use a tactic to maximize scoring. Dark Blue is a very attacking version that was added because people asked, not because I use it.

I had like 10 season with atletico madrid, and the more title we took and of course our reputation grow. so most of the teams are playing very defensively.. almost like park the bus.so i guess you all need to improve your team. and thanks for the tactic.

ZaZ said: Not really. When you can't score against smaller teams, it's usually because of complacency. It's usually more effective to yell at them at half time than changing tactics.

Also, I usually use train three tactics: Blue when I want to maximize goal difference, Solid Blue when I want to minimize goals conceded and Light Blue to save energy and take less cards. I don't use a tactic to maximize scoring. Dark Blue is a very attacking version that was added because people asked, not because I use it.

Which is Blue and which is Solid Blue?

TobyTriceps said: Which is Blue and which is Solid Blue?

Blue 3.0. Solid Blue is the same as Blue 3.0, but with Cautious mentality and goalkeeper set to Slow Pace Down. I'll add it to the first post.

ZaZ said: Individual score of a single player doesn't necessarily mean the tactic is better overall. You can create a topic for it to be tested, but I highly doubt it will reach the 6.5 score mark. I'm not saying it to be mean, but Liberos just don't work well in this patch. Any tactic with score over 6.0 is good enough to win championships and impress, sometimes with even lower score than that. I remember having tested the same thing before and the results weren't that good, so I just dropped it.

Yes, I meant cohesion lines. My mind drew a blank trying to name them haha. It is weird, because both ss work together. Thanks for clarifying.

Also I am convinced the "second season syndrome" is just a myth. With decent man management you can improve every season without changing tactics

First season with Newcastle: 3rd in the league
Second season: Third in the league, Semis in the CL and winner of the FA cup
Third season... As you can notice looking at the stats I rotated a lot. That is very important

Maxeneize said: Yes, I meant cohesion lines. My mind drew a blank trying to name them haha. It is weird, because both ss work together. Thanks for clarifying.

Also I am convinced the "second season syndrome" is just a myth. With decent man management you can improve every season without changing tactics

First season with Newcastle: 3rd in the league
Second season: Third in the league, Semis in the CL and winner of the FA cup
Third season... As you can notice looking at the stats I rotated a lot. That is very important

Good job there!

Rotating isn't as hard as people make it look. I recently added a column to my selection screen for "matches missed in a row". Whenever one of my reserves reach 3 matches missed in a row, I let him play a full match to rest one of the first team players. I also fully rotate when there are only two or three days to rest between matches. With a team of 22 players for three seasons, no one got fatigued yet, even repeating main players most of the time.

@ZaZ Do you think EPL is like really hard for small team?. I'm currently managing Harrogate and sitting at the bottom of the table haha. Predicted but dont think EPL would be this hard.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment