Set Pieces

by Mark, 20 days ago

The results from the test overnight were comparable with the best of Phoenix. Wanted to go back to playing for a while so am using Blue 2.0 with the Blue 3.0 set pieces. 4 games in with second season St Albans and have consolidated top spot in the Vanarama National League winning 4 in a row with the set up all against sides favoured to beat us, 9 goals to 2. Happy to run with this for a while. Might get back to some testing later in the week but need to play before other priorities cut in.

If anyone else has tested any of the set pieces from this thread please let us know how they went. I see that quite a few have been downloaded

Thanks in advance

+2

Mark said: The results from the test overnight were comparable with the best of Phoenix. Wanted to go back to playing for a while so am using Blue 2.0 with the Blue 3.0 set pieces. 4 games in with second season St Albans and have consolidated top spot in the Vanarama National League winning 4 in a row with the set up all against sides favoured to beat us, 9 goals to 2. Happy to run with this for a while. Might get back to some testing later in the week but need to play before other priorities cut in.

If anyone else has tested any of the set pieces from this thread please let us know how they went. I see that quite a few have been downloaded

Thanks in advance

You should instruct them otherwise they thought that was a tactic file:
First, Load the tactic you want
Second, Go to Tactics -> Set Pieces -> Routine -> Load All Routines -> Zaz3 -> This will load the Set Pieces

+1

By the way, should name it something else, since all I did was put together set pieces of people and make minor adjustments. I am cooking some new set pieces that look promising, with some bigger changes compared to what I posted first. Need a bit more of data before I post it.

P.S.: Didn't check the changes @Mark did yet, but will as soon as I finish this.

+1

I am currently trying two different set pieces. The first is very promising and gives me around +8 points per season, +10 goals for and -7 goals conceded. The second I just started collecting data, but gave me the highest points ever in a holiday test (might be just rng) anyway, gonna post below just for fun. 110 points in holiday mode is kinda sick.

+2

Prutton said: I am currently trying two different set pieces. The first is very promising and gives me around +8 points per season, +10 goals for and -7 goals conceded. The second I just started collecting data, but gave me the highest points ever in a holiday test (might be just rng) anyway, gonna post below just for fun. 110 points in holiday mode is kinda sick.

Wow. This looks like the kind of set up I need for next season in L2 with a semi pro team. Cant wait to try it

+1

Mark said: Wow. This looks like the kind of set up I need for next season in L2 with a semi pro team. Cant wait to try it

For mark and whoever wanna try it, here is the best I got so far. I am still trying to optimize it, but it should be better than 2.0. I would appreciate if anyone could test and tell me your opinions. For Manchester City, it went from 94 pts on median to 102 per season. Goals scored went from 103 to 113 and goals conceded went from 28 to 21. It was tested 9 times in total in holiday mode, with only two runs scoring less than 100 points.

I am currently trying to optimize defensive set pieces, but not in a way to make it more defensive, but to increase the counter attack opportunities. I have yet to touch attacking free kicks.

P.S.: This is the full tactic, if you want the set pieces you need to extract it with save all routines.

Edited 5 days ago by Prutton
+1

Removed from the previous post so people don't get confused. These are the set pieces I will be using. The improvement was way bigger in previous patch, now it barely improves 3 or 4 points per season. Anyway, must test positions and roles again, since the patch gave some room to grow. Once I find a good formation, I might go back to set pieces again.

ZaZ - Blue 2.1.fmf
Downloaded : 52 times
Uploaded : 5 days ago
+1