Test #12
Date: 03.05.2024
Patch 24.4.0 (DB2.0) tests
click to show

Changes:
- CF(S) to PF(S)
- Added 'Mark Specific Position' to IFs

Results:

What's the difference between the top?just name?

kobeinusa said: What's the difference between the top?just name?

Added mark specific position to IF

What's different with the new table?

Germaniac said: What's different with the new table?

https://fm-arena.com/find-comment/35408/

Players instructions plz

Players instructions plz bud

CBP87 said: Added mark specific position to IF

It's crucial to remember to change marked position to WB when opponent plays 5 at back. That small change in last match recovered my team from 1-2 to 3-2 in the last 10 minutes :D

Alexandre said: Players instructions plz

Mblagg9 said: Players instructions plz bud

Where can I see my football manager version? Db3.0 or db2.0

Yusuf Karabacak said: Where can I see my football manager version? Db3.0 or db2.0

those numbers are related to fm-arena tactic testing database and not to the game

What position do the ifs mark?

Ammozx said: What position do the ifs mark?

Left IF marks DR

Right IF marks DL

The cut inside with the fullback doesn't make sense - who maintains the width? Also, I guess the marking works due to other tactics now pushing aggresively their full-backs, but that's not what mostly happens against AI managers.

Personally I liked more the previous league database.

kjarus said: The cut inside with the fullback doesn't make sense - who maintains the width? Also, I guess the marking works due to other tactics now pushing aggresively their full-backs, but that's not what mostly happens against AI managers.

Personally I liked more the previous league database.

https://fm-arena.com/thread/5765-424-bombyte-tweak/

In the previous year FM version IWBs, which also cut inside, dominated the test... and I guess that time it did make sense for you and now it somehow doesn't... there's been many FM versions where strikerless tactics dominated and so what?

For God sake, FM is just a PC game and a lot of things in it don't make sane comparing to real life but they work fine because it's a PC game.

the IW had instruction to stay wider so when IWB cuts he would stay wider, while here IFs are instructed to stay narrow.

I am not talking about whether the game makes sense, but it's about the tweak to the database - clearly there has been some tweaks which is fine, but from footballing perspective it doesn't make sense by looking at the tactics that dominate it.

kjarus said: while here IFs are instructed to stay narrow.

Ok, but in this tactic the FBs are instructed to stay "Wider" and keep the width...

So what?

kjarus said: the IW had instruction to stay wider so when IWB cuts he would stay wider

Inverted Wingers by default "hard coded" to "Cuts Inside" so who is keeping the width in this tactic? https://fm-arena.com/thread/5765-424-bombyte-tweak/

if Inverted-Wingers "Cuts Inside" and Inverted-Wings-Backs stay Narrow then the who keeps the Width? Ohh... It doesn't make sense from "footballing perspective" but it works fine in FM! How come? Let me guess... maybe because FM is just a PC game? and a lot of crazy things might work well in a PC game? :goofy:

If you look at the table below then you'll find out that "Acceleration" and "Pace" massively dominate any other attribute... so what? It also doesn't make sense from  "footballing perspective" like many other things in FM... so what? Who cares? It's just a PC game.

https://fm-arena.com/table/26-player-attributes-testing/

I'm trying to tell you that arguments like "doesn't make sense from footballing perspective" can't be used when it comes to FM :D because it's just a PC game.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment