Date: 13.06.2023
Test #8
Test #9
Test #10

This tactic is a tweak of 442 Bombyte by @Delicious

Switched the 442 to 424 for easy player recruitment. Removed dribble more and take more risk instruction from the IW. The IW, Vol and IWB combination seems to be doing wonders in this ME. I checked the 30 odd 424 tactics in this forum and I found only 424CPP that was kind of similar to this tactic but it's not the same.

As always, credits goes to the original creators of this tactic @Blau and @Delicious

FM23 Spaghetti League - 424 Bombyte tweak:

@sponsorkindest how do you actually remove dribble more on IW role?

sorry for not being clear, I meant I removed the additional PI "Dribble more" found in the 442 tactic.

:woot:

hello
@sponsorkindest is it possible to have the PI for each role player plz...i didn't find it anywhere.
Sorry for my poor English.

@Evilange : here you go!

Oh my giddy arse, we have a new leader.

Wow!

Only 1200 games but 59 points so far looks very interesting! And here we were lead to believe more defensive wingers (As in further down the line, not the instruction) were much better in previous tactics! I wonder if this'd work with tactics like Re-Cookie VI or Cookie Shooter or if It'd just concede an insane amount of goals haha. (Since only 1 DM)

RIP :'(

Shared 1st place is good tho, so gz. But was hoping for a 59 or even 58 pointer :D

lets ago, another 4-2-4 on top.

sponsorkindest

This is kind of too good. You can win leagues and Champions League 2-4 years once being in the top division from any of the four major nations, with good bosman signings and some 1-2 year loan deals.

What do you do during the away game? If you use tactics as they are, my team almost always loses. The team is playing Chelsea.

Jess said: What do you do during the away game? If you use tactics as they are, my team almost always loses. The team is playing Chelsea.

https://fm-arena.com/thread/1076-my-tactic-doesn-t-work-help-me-please/

Lapidus said: https://fm-arena.com/thread/1076-my-tactic-doesn-t-work-help-me-please/

I was already trying but thank you for the good teaching. Would lowering the tempo and lowering the defensive line help you get good results in away games? I think it's working to some extent, but I'm curious about your opinion.

Jess said: I was already trying but thank you for the good teaching. Would lowering the tempo and lowering the defensive line help you get good results in away games? I think it's working to some extent, but I'm curious about your opinion.

The tactic is only 1 of 100 factors that determines the success and this tactic is close to the best what you can have in this game when it comes to the tactic and if you aren't satisfied with your result then you should look on the other 99 factors that determine the result

@Jess, also, look at this - https://fm-arena.com/thread/5345-attributes-vs-tactics/

Added FM23 Spaghetti League - 424 Bombyte tweak run by @Delicious to the homepage

Jess said: I was already trying but thank you for the good teaching. Would lowering the tempo and lowering the defensive line help you get good results in away games? I think it's working to some extent, but I'm curious about your opinion.

You dont need to change the tactics you need faster players.

I will expand. I was Brighton in 2026 and we finished 3rd but 20+ points behind 1st and 2nd. I had Marcos Leonardo and Lucca up front who did very well but we weren't scoring enough. Found a newgen AML with pace+acceleration 17 and bought Endrick who is fast and started the most games as SC. Lucca, ML and a fast wonkerid were my other strikers. We won the league with 98 points the next season. The difference was huge. Ok a lot of my younger players were better too but the difference attacking with the extra pace, Marcos Leonardo and Lucca cant get any faster, was noticable. I didnt change anything to do with tactics and my goals from corners was slightly lower. We conceded around the same amount in the league, but scored 35 more.

Go to squad planner, then comparison and check the physical tab and see where your team is slow. Improve this.

Hey guys! What type players should ı use in midfielder role?

Deniz Kutsal said: Hey guys! What type players should ı use in midfielder role?

https://fm-arena.com/thread/5351-should-you-follow-the-highlighted-attributes-of-the-roles/

https://fm-arena.com/thread/3293-what-it-takes-to-dominate-epl-with-bournemouth/

https://fm-arena.com/thread/5345-attributes-vs-tactics/

https://fm-arena.com/table/18-attribute-testing/

Deniz Kutsal said: Hey guys! What type players should ı use in midfielder role?

@Lapidus covered all the high points. One suggestion from my end will be to look for high Aggression and low dirtiness (hidden attribute). That combo of attributes have done wonders for me, if you combine them with the key attributes from FM Arena tests.

The tactic works well enough, as expected, but, compared to Delicious' cookies (lol) the team is conceding an ABSURD amount of penalties, not to mention a high number of red cards.

I just got to Premier League (I started with a team from Vanarama North with Recookie and changed to this tactic on PL) and, in 25 games, the team conceded 10 penalties, almost 1 penalty every 2 games. I also had 6 players getting a red card (not even a second yellow card, a direct red card) in 25 games. It's, by far, more than any other team on the league (the second place conceded 7 penalties in 26 games and got 4 red cards)

Any hint about what could be causing that? It's driving me mad, every game I concede a penalty or have to deal with a red card is driving me nuts. There was a game where the team conceded three penalties on the same match. It didn't happen as often with the other tactic.

gameresq said: The tactic works well enough, as expected, but, compared to Delicious' cookies (lol) the team is conceding an ABSURD amount of penalties, not to mention a high number of red cards.

I just got to Premier League (I started with a team from Vanarama North with Recookie and changed to this tactic on PL) and, in 25 games, the team conceded 10 penalties, almost 1 penalty every 2 games. I also had 6 players getting a red card (not even a second yellow card, a direct red card) in 25 games. It's, by far, more than any other team on the league (the second place conceded 7 penalties in 26 games and got 4 red cards)

Any hint about what could be causing that? It's driving me mad, every game I concede a penalty or have to deal with a red card is driving me nuts. There was a game where the team conceded three penalties on the same match. It didn't happen as often with the other tactic.

Your players, decision making and aggression won't be helping. The instructions for both team and player is very similar to cookie so for me it would come down to your players but if you also find the tactic to aggressive then remove get stuck in or tackle harder

What tweaks you guys do when you face better sides?

Sorry for my question but what is the difference between 23.5.0 and 23.5.0(N) ?

Adnous said: Sorry for my question but what is the difference between 23.5.0 and 23.5.0(N) ?

23.5.0(N) uses an improved testing database.

Rince said: 23.5.0(N) uses an improved testing database.

Thank you Rince, so if i create a new game in FM, I need to take 23.5.0(N) tactics or i need to take 23.5.0 ?

Create an account or log in to leave a comment