Test #2
Date: 02.03.2022
Test #3
Date: 02.03.2022
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to show
Patch 22.1.1 tests
click to show

For more results and feedback on the overall shape of the Arrowhead, reference this thread here: https://fm-arena.com/thread/1639-arrowhead-4-2-2-1-1-att/ [5.4 rating on the tables]

I've split this from the other thread and labeled it as 2.0 rather than 1.2 because while the shape is the same, the roles have changed pretty drastically.

Changelog (from Arrowhead 1.0)
=========
IWBs switched to WBs
VOLs switched to RPMs
RPMs instructed to move into channels
AP switched to SS

The RPMs operate at the top of the 18 and rarely get into the box.  The channel instruction keep them in the attacking channels really well.  Without the VOLs dragging players into the box with them, there is more room for the striker.  Kane scored 78 goals in this test!

Results
=======
92 points - 111 goals - 43 conceded
Won EURO II
Took 6 points off of Man City and Chelsea

Screenshots
===========

Result duplication test:

85 points, 106 goals, 48 conceded
Won Euro II again
Kane had 63 goals

Arrowhead 2.1 [4-2-2-1-1]

As one of the few single striker tactics going, I'm going to keep pushing and releasing updates to the tactic.

A small tweak to the tactic has been tested and had the best testing result of FM22 for me.

Changelog
=========
Moved the defensive line from standard to higher

Results
=======
94 points, 120 goals for, 37 goals against
Kane had 81 goals in 59 games

Screenshots
===========

You mean, that the only one change in the defensive line has brought about dramatic change of result? interesting:)

Gaksital said: You mean, that the only one change in the defensive line has brought about dramatic change of result? interesting:)

I was surprised too.  I tried adding and removing a bunch of other stuff one at a time like Be more discipled, remove tighter marking, tell BPDs not to stay wider, etc.  But the only result that increased output was the higher as opposed to standard line.  If you think about it, it is kind of a big change to how you set up AND compresses the gap between the RPMs and the attack.

I tested the v2.1 in the same way I test my tactics, it's done very well! I've attached the final tables to compare the two tactics.

Arrowhead walked the league with Man U with ease, second place for Leeds is the best I've seen. Norwich still did better than predicted, they'd be happy with 14th.

I did make one change and that was to take the 'Shoots Less Often' instruction off of the main striker

The 2.1 performed worse in the testing league, which I think makes sense.  The higher line is probably only good when you are the favored team or the home team.  Back to the drawing board for something that does well against the top teams in the way that the standard line does.  I'll keep trying to break through the 1.8 pts per game threshold with Arrowhead!

Arrowhead 2.2 [4-2-2-1-1]

Ive been spending some time working on different tactics, but I keep wandering back towards this tactic.  Attempting to continue to find the next level for the Arrowhead.

Methodology
===========
72 game season with the top 10 teams in the world, tests run with Inter.  Database created in collaboration with Dino.

Changelog
=========
DM support "get further forward"
SS to AP
IW and IWB
Positive Mentality
Extremely high tempo to higher tempo

Results
=======
Lautaro Martinez missed 22 games with injury, but the tactic produced the most goals and second fewest conceded.  I hope it does well for you!

Media prediction 11th

That's awesome to see!  I've created a new version of the tactic that was tested on 22.2.0.  You can see the thread here: https://fm-arena.com/thread/2016-arrowhead-3-0-22-2-0-tested/

It hasn't been tested yet by the admins, but it's been my best version since the update.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment