+9
Matches
Patch 22.2.0 tests
click to hide
Test #1
Date: 18.12.2021
Test #2
Date: 18.12.2021

I've gone back to revisit the Blink tactic which is a modified wide diamond. Original 0.1 thread here: https://fm-arena.com/thread/1634-blink-0-1/

Methodology
===========
Downloaded a 4-division European Super League database and selected 1 team in each of the top divisions and gave them all of the same tactic.  Lazio, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Napoli were selected for the holiday test.

Changelog
=========
WB to FB
Anchor to RPM
Very Attacking to Attacking
Removed focus play down right

Results [over 30 game season]
=======
Lazio 63 pts
Tottenham 70 pts
Arsenal 71 pts
Napoli 75 pts

Screenshots
===========
Tactic

Tables

Decided to create a database that more closely mirrored the rigor of the FM-Arena testing database.

The top 20 clubs have been entered in the Premier League and I tested with Inter and AC Milan.

Results: 2.01 ppg. 2.64 gpg. 1.47 apg.  Obviously will be some regression with more games in the FM-Arena test, but this is encouraging over 76 games.

Here is the final table with this tactic:

Tactic and stats for Inter

Tactic and stats for AC Milan

After seeing the success of some Wide Diamond tactics, I decided to revist my old Blink tactic.  I hadn't tinkered with this tactic since the new update, instead focusing my time on Arrowhead and Strikerless.

The changelog is extensive but some of the highlights include: RPM to DLP, W to DW, IWB to attack, removed several team instructions, mentality to positive.

Results:
72 game season
PPG: 2.04  GPG: 2.68  APG: 1.36  GD: +95

Tactic

Table (10-team testing database)

Squad Statisticcs

Create an account or log in to leave a comment