babemocni1988 said: Its also bit of weird that only on this site people have bad results in testing and on other tests results are amazing....

Any examples?

babemocni1988 said: Its also bit of weird that only on this site people have bad results in testing and on other tests results are amazing....

Results are not bad here, it's just a harder league with a bigger variety of opponents, all using good tactics. It's only natural that tactics make less points here than in other tests.

Many examples,a lot of people stopped testing their tactics here

babemocni1988 said: Many examples,a lot of people stopped testing their tactics here

Can you give at least one example?

You should ask themself,everyone knows why 😉

babemocni1988 said: You should ask themself,everyone knows why 😉

I'm sorry but I still don't get it. You said that "a lot of people stopped testing tactics here", please, could you give few names... I wonder who are these people.

Ok. So I used @cptdoggo League of Nations test league. I ran 6 test runs to figure out the strongest teams in the test league and an order of rated teams.

I then took the 8 best tactics from FM Arena, and applied them in reverse order to try and give the league a bit of balance. Unfortunately Germany was unplayable and was the original strongest team. I accidently picked the 9th team of the 10 as the test spot.

Assignment

Next I ran 6 more tests with the assigned tactics to see what it looked like. As expected the top 8 tactics totally dominated with Germany finishing a long way behind in 9th and the test tactic spot of Argentina tailing way behind.

I then tested Mad Dogs V2 as Argentina in the League of Nations Top Tactics test league. It did relatively well but well behind most of the top tactics, only beating Mongoose and finishing 8th with 558 points. In FM Arena rated Mad Dogs V2 4.5, well below the minimum of 5.2 for the top 8 tactics.

Finally I have tested Shaolin 433. It did a little better than Mad Dogs V2 but I still wouldn't rate it higher than some of the top current FM Arena tactics. It finished 7th with 588 points in front of Mongoose and ZaZ Blue DM Tweak.

Interestingly @ZaZ Blue DM and Positive Tiki Taka are killing it in this top tactic league despite having below average teams.

Bottom line is that I am not convinced that the Shaolin 433 tactic is as good as some of the tactics at the top of the table on this site.

I seriously can't understand this mentality of "if my tactic doesn't do well in this testing league, then the test is not good". When the new methodology was proposed to FM-Arena and all tactics took a blow in score, I just adapted and tried to make my personal testing league more robust, so my results would translate better to FM-Arena table. Bashing the league doesn't help much.

Sometimes, it's better accept that each test has a different methodology and can give different results. The best tactic doesn't need to be on top of all testing leagues, it just needs to be consistently good no matter where it's used. I have never claimed that my tactic is the best, but I've seen way too many people claiming that with not so great tactics.

ZaZ said: I seriously can't understand this mentality of "if my tactic doesn't do well in this testing league, then the test is not good". When the new methodology was proposed to FM-Arena and all tactics took a blow in score, I just adapted and tried to make my personal testing league more robust, so my results would translate better to FM-Arena table. Bashing the league doesn't help much.

Sometimes, it's better accept that each test has a different methodology and can give different results. The best tactic doesn't need to be on top of all testing leagues, it just needs to be consistently good no matter where it's used. I have never claimed that my tactic is the best, but I've seen way too many people claiming that with not so great tactics.

i dont think Stephenhk cares about his tactic being tested or not, so dont care about it if someone can post this tactic it will be good to us to know if the tactic is good in this test, the 433 seems to be very good, and fun to play

Cagado said: i dont think Stephenhk cares about his tactic being tested or not, so dont care about it if someone can post this tactic it will be good to us to know if the tactic is good in this test, the 433 seems to be very good, and fun to play

If you tried it and it did well then just make a thread for it... I don't see what is the problem.

Droid said: If you tried it and it did well then just make a thread for it... I don't see what is the problem.

my english is not good but i make it anyway, sorry if someting is wrong

Cagado said: my english is not good but i make it anyway, sorry if someting is wrong

It's alright mate. :D

babemocni1988 said: Many examples,a lot of people stopped testing their tactics here

A lot of people only know how to boast, and they can't get a high scroe test here

https://fm-arena.com/thread/2128-fm-22-2-shaolin-433-v2/#comment-11495 my results while using the Shaolin 433 v2

Create an account or log in to leave a comment