krozan said: Thanks a lot for the pointers! So, regarding rotation I have two (on some cases more) players for each position and I rotate my entire squad for cup games and easy CL group games. For league games I rotate only the players as needed (I usually don't play with players who are needing rest and try to have all 11 players with full stamina for the game), the lineup screenshot isn't my lineup for the next game I put my regular 11 there just for the screenshot.

Having all these players in need of rest is not normal, I guess its because I got a recent run of games where I couldn't really afford to rotate that much (leipzig, arsenal, liverpool, ajax, man city, all in sucession in the last week), and some injuries which forced me to use some players more than usual.

Regarding morale, I always praise/criticize after games and practices, but I don't do anything with training at all, to be honest I just used your in-season training schedule for all my training weeks (with other tactics I usually just let my ass coach handle team training), so that may be where the problem lies, but then again for season 1 there were no issues though.

I'll try to improve on the tips you gave and I'll post the end of season result here! Thanks again!

Can you upload your save ?

Hey, I'm back for the end of season update and what a turnaround was the rest of the season, mainly thanks to your rotation advice, I feel that rotating the team (more than i already did before) really made a differtence,  and so did improving the morale of the team.

So, on the most underwhelming part of the season I again ended 2nd place with 82 points, 3 points away from champions Man Utd, but I feel that it was a odd year because usually the champion has a lot more points than 85.

Won the carabao cup and was knocked out of the FA Cup by Livepool in the QF, and... for the biggest highlight of the season, I ended up winning the champions league! Knocking out PSG, Liverpool, Juventus and Man Utd in the Final, along the way.

So thanks a lot for the tips and helping me turn around the season!

Some points I noticed for this tactic:

- While using the dark blue tactic I didn't score one single goal this entire season.
- Light blue tactic didn't seem to sabe that much stamina, at least the difference wasn't very noticeable to me.
- I feel that, against even and stronger teams, it's best to keep Cautious mentality the entire game, switching to anything above Positive didn't make any difference whatsoever in any of the games.
- While the attributes table states that pace is the most important attribute, my best performing players weren't my fastest ones. My sub striker ended the season with 26 goals, and he has 14 pace, while Rodrigo, with 16 pace and 16 agility, and starting most matches ended the season with 14 goals and patson daka with 17 pace only got 17 goals in 32 matches. My other sub ended the season with 19 goals in 20 games, and he has 13 pace. So I'm not sure how important this stat really is.
- Fullbacks and DM usually get low match ratings, not sure why or how to have them perform better.
- From last season to this season the goals scored from corner kicks greatly decreased, not sure why.

Here's the end of season screenshot:

Thanks again for the help!

krozan said: Hey, I'm back for the end of season update and what a turnaround was the rest of the season, mainly thanks to your rotation advice, I feel that rotating the team (more than i already did before) really made a differtence,  and so did improving the morale of the team.

So, on the most underwhelming part of the season I again ended 2nd place with 82 points, 3 points away from champions Man Utd, but I feel that it was a odd year because usually the champion has a lot more points than 85.

Won the carabao cup and was knocked out of the FA Cup by Livepool in the QF, and... for the biggest highlight of the season, I ended up winning the champions league! Knocking out PSG, Liverpool, Juventus and Man Utd in the Final, along the way.

So thanks a lot for the tips and helping me turn around the season!

Some points I noticed for this tactic:

- While using the dark blue tactic I didn't score one single goal this entire season.
- Light blue tactic didn't seem to sabe that much stamina, at least the difference wasn't very noticeable to me.
- I feel that, against even and stronger teams, it's best to keep Cautious mentality the entire game, switching to anything above Positive didn't make any difference whatsoever in any of the games.
- While the attributes table states that pace is the most important attribute, my best performing players weren't my fastest ones. My sub striker ended the season with 26 goals, and he has 14 pace, while Rodrigo, with 16 pace and 16 agility, and starting most matches ended the season with 14 goals. My other sub ended the season with 19 goals in 20 games, and he has 13 pace. The difference is that rodrigo has low finishing so I'm not sure if this stat isn't more important than it seems.
- Fullbacks and DM usually get low match ratings, not sure why or how to have them perform better.

Here's the end of season screenshot:

Thanks again for the help!

I'm glad you managed to save your season. Too bad you didn't win the league, but I guess you are more than happy for having won the UCL.

About your pointers, I will try to improve both Dark Blue and Light Blue. I haven't given much attention to them, but I'll see what I can do.

On wingbacks and dms, they usually get low score, but that doesn't matter as long as you win. It's probably because this patch heavily favors dribbling, so wingbacks get dribbled a lot and dms don't dribble as much as other positions (because they are often surrounded with passing options).

About attribute importance, not everything is goals. Sometimes the fast player contributes in other ways, like assistance or opening spaces for other strikers. Other attributes have some importance, but way less than speed attributes.

Anyway, I hope you win everything next season!

Borussia Dortmund, the 1st season :thup:

ZaZ Blue 3.0 + ZaZ Dark Blue 3.0

For anyone interested in my Leamington journey, I ended up last season in 14th at Premier League. I also managed to upgrade my youth setup to maximum in all areas, including youth training, coaching, recruitment and level. Training facilities will need a couple more seasons to get maxed. In the current season, I am 5th and my goal is to reach the Euro Cup. I hired a couple of new faces and gonna link my best player below. Unfortunately, I still need one or two more seasons to increase my reputation so better players accept to join my team.

I'll post the stats of all my players by the end of the season, because I'm hoping to bring in some new faces during the next transfer window. I finally got world coverage and some good scouts, so I'm optimistic to step up and become champion in my third season at Premier League.

Anyway, I reduced my squad to 28 players, 6 of these from my youth set up. The other 22 are two players for each position. I am also rotating less, based on fatigue and injury risk, and allowing team B to play Carabao Cup and FA Cup (as well as those weeks when you have only one day to rest between matches). I was eliminated from Carabao Cup on the first match, which definitely helped me focus on the Premier League.

ZaZ said: For anyone interested in my Leamington journey, I ended up last season in 14th at Premier League. I also managed to upgrade my youth setup to maximum in all areas, including youth training, coaching, recruitment and level. Training facilities will need a couple more seasons to get maxed. In the current season, I am 5th and my goal is to reach the Euro Cup. I hired a couple of new faces and gonna link my best player below. Unfortunately, I still need one or two more seasons to increase my reputation so better players accept to join my team.

I'll post the stats of all my players by the end of the season, because I'm hoping to bring in some new faces during the next transfer window. I finally got world coverage and some good scouts, so I'm optimistic to step up and become champion in my third season at Premier League.

Anyway, I reduced my squad to 28 players, 6 of these from my youth set up. The other 22 are two players for each position. I am also rotating less, based on fatigue and injury risk, and allowing team B to play Carabao Cup and FA Cup (as well as those weeks when you have only one day to rest between matches). I was eliminated from Carabao Cup on the first match, which definitely helped me focus on the Premier League.

Nice journey man.
Good luck on the next games. Keep us updated.

My second season in Premier League ended up in 8th, one position short of Euro Cup. Can't be helped. For the third season, I managed to hire nine or ten new players, making a first team with enough quality to challenge for the title. My prediction is still last place, but with 28 matches played, my team is currently 1st. By the way, I checked the hidden stats of players from last season that got sold. Their CA was around 80-90, so it's kinda of a miracle that I finished 8th.

Results this season have been pretty good. Most of the matches I start with players very nervous, then I use team talk to tell them to play without pressure, then individual talk that I have faith on them for the ones that didn't get motivated. This seems to work like a charm when playing as underdog. During matches, I use shouts to encourage when not winning and no pressure or praise when winning (usually alternating). Half time pep talk is usually angry if winning by less than two goals, and praise or don't get complacent when winning by two or more, depending on how hard is the match.

Below are my first team players, in the same order as when you sort for position in team selection (GK, DR, DC, DC, DL, DM, MR, MC, ML, SS, SS). They seem to be slightly worse than players from Fulham or Newcastle, but at least they started to look like players from Premier League. As a reminder, most good players don't want to join my team because of low stature.
Spoiler

ZaZ said: My second season in Premier League ended up in 8th, one position short of Euro Cup. Can't be helped. For the third season, I managed to hire nine or ten new players, making a first team with enough quality to challenge for the title. My prediction is still last place, but with 28 matches played, my team is currently 1st. By the way, I checked the hidden stats of players from last season that got sold. Their CA was around 80-90, so it's kinda of a miracle that I finished 8th.

Results this season have been pretty good. Most of the matches I start with players very nervous, then I use team talk to tell them to play without pressure, then individual talk that I have faith on them for the ones that didn't get motivated. This seems to work like a charm when playing as underdog. During matches, I use shouts to encourage when not winning and no pressure or praise when winning (usually alternating). Half time pep talk is usually angry if winning by less than two goals, and praise or don't get complacent when winning by two or more, depending on how hard is the match.

Below are my first team players, in the same order as when you sort for position in team selection (GK, DR, DC, DC, DL, DM, MR, MC, ML, SS, SS). They seem to be slightly worse than players from Fulham or Newcastle, but at least they started to look like players from Premier League. As a reminder, most good players don't want to join my team because of low stature.
Spoiler

Title is coming... Good luck this season.

Finally champions, even though predicted 20th and with weakest players in the league! I feel like many results were due to opponents getting complacent since we were never favorites. For most part, I just needed to relieve pressure from players and they delivered good results. In the last matches, I thought I could lose it since my team couldn't win, but I ended up being champion without playing because opponents didn't win their matches either.

Funny enough, I also won FA Cup, even though I played with team B until semi-finals. For reference, team B was my team A from last season, with players around 100 CA (based on players sold). Maybe I got lucky to face weaker teams until semi-finals, then I managed to win with last matches with team A.

Now, time to take a short break and test some new tactics before going for UCL. I would also like to win the league with worst team in the first season, playing something like Elche or Fulham.

ZaZ said: Finally champions, even though predicted 20th and with weakest players in the league! I feel like many results were due to opponents getting complacent since we were never favorites. For most part, I just needed to relieve pressure from players and they delivered good results. In the last matches, I thought I could lose it since my team couldn't win, but I ended up being champion without playing because opponents didn't win their matches either.

Funny enough, I also won FA Cup, even though I played with team B until semi-finals. For reference, team B was my team A from last season, with players around 100 CA (based on players sold). Maybe I got lucky to face weaker teams until semi-finals, then I managed to win with last matches with team A.

Now, time to take a short break and test some new tactics before going for UCL. I would also like to win the league with worst team in the first season, playing something like Elche or Fulham.

Great result, pal! :thup:

Grimlock said: Great result, pal! :thup:

Thank you! It really feels good to take the weakest team from a country and bring it to the top. It took a while, but it was totally worth it.

Tookajobs said:

Thank you for testing! Nice video there.

your welcome

I've noticed that in Tookajobs's video the assistant manager picked this starting eleven for Chelsea:

The assistant manager choice of the best starting eleven for the tactic proves once again that unfortunately, even the best assistant manager can't properly pick the team for many tactics and testing tactics this way is a bad idea. :(

He picked very slow players for the tactic such as Marcos Alonso, César Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva:

But Chelsea's best starting elven for this tactic should look like this... Timo Werner, Mateo Kovacic, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James and Antonio Rüdiger should be picked but they were left on the bench...

Eric said: I've noticed that in Tookajobs's video the assistant manager picked this starting eleven for Chelsea:

The assistant manager choice of the best starting eleven for the tactic proves once again that unfortunately, even the best assistant manager can't properly pick the team for many tactics and testing tactics this way is a bad idea. :(

He picked very slow players for the tactic such as Marcos Alonso, César Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva:

But Chelsea's best starting elven for this tactic should look like this... Timo Werner, Mateo Kovacic, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James and Antonio Rüdiger should be picked but they were left on the bench...

The main purpose of such videos is just to entertain people and show tactics so I wouldn't take the results seriously because you can't test a tactic just plugging it and going on Holiday... that's just ridiculous :)

ZaZ said: Finally champions, even though predicted 20th and with weakest players in the league! I feel like many results were due to opponents getting complacent since we were never favorites. For most part, I just needed to relieve pressure from players and they delivered good results. In the last matches, I thought I could lose it since my team couldn't win, but I ended up being champion without playing because opponents didn't win their matches either.

Can I suggest you to take a team n Brazil? We have a lot of games during the season, injuries, and a lot of championships... It could be nice to test with a middle to worst team in Brazil and test.

Gpassosbh said: Can I suggest you to take a team n Brazil? We have a lot of games during the season, injuries, and a lot of championships... It could be nice to test with a middle to worst team in Brazil and test.

Pick a team for me, from the top league (not fun to play with the likes of Palmeiras or Santos, I suppose).

ZaZ said: Pick a team for me, from the top league (not fun to play with the likes of Palmeiras or Santos, I suppose).

You can try with Cuiabá, America-MG or Juventude.

Meanwhile I´ll play with Flamengo, as the team I support in Brazil.

Gpassosbh said: You can try with Cuiabá, America-MG or Juventude.

Need an update pack for that, since they are still in the second division here. Can anyone recommend a good league and transfers data update?

ZaZ said: Need an update pack for that, since they are still in the second division here. Can anyone recommend a good league and transfers data update?

Pr0 update is good

ta2199 said: Pr0 update is good

Sorry, tried it here and it only updates transfers. Brazilian league is still like 2020. Anyway, gonna just pick ATG, predicted to finish 20th. It seems to have the worst players in the league.

ZaZ said: Sorry, tried it here and it only updates transfers. Brazilian league is still like 2020. Anyway, gonna just pick ATG, predicted to finish 20th. It seems to have the worst players in the league.

There´s a very good Brazilian update. I´ll get for you and send to you in private. I´ll buy, but they start to delivery only 3PM in Brazil.. Something in about 2 hours from now.

Gpassosbh said: There´s a very good Brazilian update. I´ll get for you and send to you in private. I´ll buy, but they start to delivery only 3PM in Brazil.. Something in about 2 hours from now.

I don't mind, but no need to worry with that. There can't be much difference between one year and another. Are those teams much different from the worst from previous year?

ZaZ said: I don't mind, but no need to worry with that. There can't be much difference between one year and another. Are those teams much different from the worst from previous year?

Yes.. Brazilian teams changes a lot from one year to another. It´s a crazy place.. :)

ZaZ said: I don't mind, but no need to worry with that. There can't be much difference between one year and another. Are those teams much different from the worst from previous year?

Sent you in a private message.

Gpassosbh said: Sent you in a private message.

Just started a new game with Juventus. Players are very slow and old, so my first step will be selling dead wood and trying to increase the overall speed. Unfortunately, I have a budget of 7k euros, so I need to be very creative, probably relying a lot on free players. I'll check with scouts who is interested in coming and invite 30 trialists at a time to "scout", focusing specially in Acceleration, Pace and Agility. I'll post the attributes of best 11 when I finish these initial transfers.

Do u guys can recommend some bargain shadow strikers?

ZaZ said: Just started a new game with Juventus. Players are very slow and old, so my first step will be selling dead wood and trying to increase the overall speed. Unfortunately, I have a budget of 7k euros, so I need to be very creative, probably relying a lot on free players. I'll check with scouts who is interested in coming and invite 30 trialists at a time to "scout", focusing specially in Acceleration, Pace and Agility. I'll post the attributes of best 11 when I finish these initial transfers.

Yes.. That´s the problem in Brazil also.. We don´t have a lot of money to spend.
Take a look at some south american players, as they are cheaper than Brazilians.

Will you use your ZAZ blue 3.0?

Create an account or log in to leave a comment