so basicly all i need is fast players?
any prefferd move that can help here? my wingers often going inside the box and shoots insted of doing wide crossZaZ said: Usually I go for fast players, with 14+ in Pace and Acceleration. All the players you said are fast, so they would do well. MBappé will still be better than them, but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

bountyhunter said: so basicly all i need is fast players?
any prefferd move that can help here? my wingers often going inside the box and shoots insted of doing wide cross

With fast players you are gonna easily win everything. It's also a good idea to have some stats like dribble for wingers, vision for central midfielders, jumping reach for defenders and so on, but the most important is to have fast players.

About moves, they are not exactly important, but try to get those that overlap with their roles. For example, move into channels to shadow strikers and central midfielder, get forward and dribble more for wingers, hold position for defensive midfielder and defenders, and so on.

bountyhunter said: so basicly all i need is fast players?
any prefferd move that can help here? my wingers often going inside the box and shoots insted of doing wide cross

I'd say from my experience Pace is everything. Acceleration is important but Pace is the vital stat. If they don't have good pace they aren't for this tactic, also a player with 10 or 11 pace but 14-15 acceleration isn't going to cut it.

Pace is all about how fast they are. Acceleration is about how quickly a player can hit their top speed.

Hi just wanted to say thank you for this tactic.Won the league and Carabao Cup in my first season with Wolves.Best tactic I've used.I tried to have plenty of pace and acceleration in all my team and it made a huge difference.

keadude said: I'd say from my experience Pace is everything. Acceleration is important but Pace is the vital stat. If they don't have good pace they aren't for this tactic, also a player with 10 or 11 pace but 14-15 acceleration isn't going to cut it.

Pace is all about how fast they are. Acceleration is about how quickly a player can hit their top speed.

It was tested here and they seem to be equally important. However, the test was for the whole team and not for positions individualy. It's harder to assess for each position because difference in results get less significant.

joncoughlan said: Hi just wanted to say thank you for this tactic.Won the league and Carabao Cup in my first season with Wolves.Best tactic I've used.I tried to have plenty of pace and acceleration in all my team and it made a huge difference.

Thank you! I'm glad it worked well for you.

Quite curious on how effective a purely match prep training schedule would buff team results honestly. I mean I guess it has to have some effects on matches, but it's just that no one has done a concrete test on this before?

TactocTestor said: Quite curious on how effective a purely match prep training schedule would buff team results honestly. I mean I guess it has to have some effects on matches, but it's just that no one has done a concrete test on this before?

It's hard to measure for several reasons. More efficient training for attribute gain gives higher chance of injuries, more fatigue and worse condition before matches, as well as less happiness. You can fix that with rotation and a balanced squad, but it might cause problem in some parts of the season.

On the other hand, to get the best of your players during the current season, you need match preparation (attack movement, defensive positioning, teamwork and set pieces), resting and happiness/cohesion training. Those are not very affected by double intensity.

One option that could be optimal would be interchanging full day of rest, double intensity attribute training and normal intensity match preparation, but there is no way to set intensity automatically for different days, meaning it would be too much work to do manually.

Yeah so I'm thinking about mixing between the two. Match preparation for knockout rounds only and normal training for league games because this tactic is op enough that I don't need match preps to run away in the league.

Hey ZaZ!

First of all i wanted to thank you for that dedication and effort u put into this amazing game. This tactic is incredible and i´ve been playing a lot with it (2D extended Highlights).

I have some questions tho. I tested IWB with left foot on the right side and it seems to have better results. Do u support that or would u still go with left left / right right?

Second question would be, how is it that especially with weaker teams at the beginning of the season u literally smash everyone and everything and from game day 6/7 it starts going down and games get quite a struggle. Is it because players get tired (I´m not the greatest rotator for the obv reasons that the second 11 is way worse in a small club)?

Thanks in advance for your answers and once again thank you for being our virtual Pep!

Best from Berlin!

TactocTestor said: Yeah so I'm thinking about mixing between the two. Match preparation for knockout rounds only and normal training for league games because this tactic is op enough that I don't need match preps to run away in the league.

It sounds reasonable. Just remember you can always rest players individually if they have two matches too close, instead of using light training for the entire team.

bwig said: Hey ZaZ!

First of all i wanted to thank you for that dedication and effort u put into this amazing game. This tactic is incredible and i´ve been playing a lot with it (2D extended Highlights).

I have some questions tho. I tested IWB with left foot on the right side and it seems to have better results. Do u support that or would u still go with left left / right right?

Second question would be, how is it that especially with weaker teams at the beginning of the season u literally smash everyone and everything and from game day 6/7 it starts going down and games get quite a struggle. Is it because players get tired (I´m not the greatest rotator for the obv reasons that the second 11 is way worse in a small club)?

Thanks in advance for your answers and once again thank you for being our virtual Pep!

Best from Berlin!

Thanks for the compliment, but I just did lots of tests and posted the one that went right. It's not like I'm Guardiola or Klopp.

About your first question, it doesn't matter much because they rarely cross or shoot. IWB with same foot as side will have an easier time to pass the ball to wingers, while those with opposite foot will have an easier time to pass the ball to the center. If your opponent is more vulnerable in one of those positions, then it will make a difference, else, the tactic is pretty balanced in the attacking routes.

About weaker teams, it might be because opponents look down on you and play complacent, and after a couple of matches your team feels the pressure for overachieving. It can also be because your team gets tired, or even because they get complacent after winning too much in a row. I often get some 5 or 6 runs without winning, even with strong team against weak teams, but as long as I win in the end, it's fine. Just make sure to keep the morale high, complimenting/warning trainings and matches, because bad morale has a huge effect in your chance to win.

ZaZ said: It sounds reasonable. Just remember you can always rest players individually if they have two matches too close, instead of using light training for the entire team.

Thanks for the compliment, but I just did lots of tests and posted the one that went right. It's not like I'm Guardiola or Klopp.

About your first question, it doesn't matter much because they rarely cross or shoot. IWB with same foot as side will have an easier time to pass the ball to wingers, while those with opposite foot will have an easier time to pass the ball to the center. If your opponent is more vulnerable in one of those positions, then it will make a difference, else, the tactic is pretty balanced in the attacking routes.

About weaker teams, it might be because opponents look down on you and play complacent, and after a couple of matches your team feels the pressure for overachieving. It can also be because your team gets tired, or even because they get complacent after winning too much in a row. I often get some 5 or 6 runs without winning, even with strong team against weak teams, but as long as I win in the end, it's fine. Just make sure to keep the morale high, complimenting/warning trainings and matches, because bad morale has a huge effect in your chance to win.

awesome. yea the morale stays high. i made it with oxford city to the first league and am 3rd right now :D. Do u think the effect of not setting up "quickness" to every individual has a big impact (as in not developping)? Because rn i have a bad run of injures (4-5 players with 6+ weeks) and they all complain about the heavy training workload. I kept it with your "let them whine" but what could i improve if it doesn´t get better? At "rest" section everything to half intensity? using your in season weeks.

what do u actually mean by "light training"? Did i miss something or is it the general training schedule which is itself relatively light?

bwig said: awesome. yea the morale stays high. i made it with oxford city to the first league and am 3rd right now :D. Do u think the effect of not setting up "quickness" to every individual has a big impact (as in not developping)? Because rn i have a bad run of injures (4-5 players with 6+ weeks) and they all complain about the heavy training workload. I kept it with your "let them whine" but what could i improve if it doesn´t get better? At "rest" section everything to half intensity? using your in season weeks.

what do u actually mean by "light training"? Did i miss something or is it the general training schedule which is itself relatively light?

I usually use the in-season training on normal intensity and rarely have more than 3 long injuries. However, it may happen if your players are made of glass, meaning high injury proneness, low natural fitness and/or low stamina (tired players have higher chance to get injuried). You should also keep an eye in fatigue (at medical tab), resting players when that starts to build up, as well as trying to keep condition and match fitness high.

About light training, I mean changing training schedules to lots of rest and recovery sessions to get them in condition to the next match. Instead of doing that, I prefer to rest only the ones that are tired (right click -> training -> rest) and keep general training untouched. I usually do that to anyone that won't get over 90% before next match.

Hey ZaZ, im currently in an online save with Arsenal. I usually win comfortably against npc, but against humans normally my players miss a lot lot of chances. I didnt focus much on the finishing of the players i bought. What can i do?

Duller said: Hey ZaZ, im currently in an online save with Arsenal. I usually win comfortably against npc, but against humans normally my players miss a lot lot of chances. I didnt focus much on the finishing of the players i bought. What can i do?

Don't worry, you will also miss a lot of chances even with players with 20 of finishing. I've lost count of how many times I failed to win because my strikers missed 30 shots 1v1 during the match, sometimes even without goalkeeper. For some reason, strikers with low finishing usually perform around the same or even better, probably because they have more of other attributes which allow them to get the ball in a better position to score, or maybe get less nervous in a 1v1 situation. I would go for fast players instead of good finishers.

About humans, it's normal for them to be harder than AI, since their tactics are usually better than the pre-made ones that the AI use. As long as you are winning more than your opponents, it's fine even if you are only hitting 1% of the shots. Just remember that no tactic can win 100% of the matches.

ZaZ said: Don't worry, you will also miss a lot of chances even with players with 20 of finishing. I've lost count of how many times I failed to win because my strikers missed 30 shots 1v1 during the match, sometimes even without goalkeeper. For some reason, strikers with low finishing usually perform around the same or even better, probably because they have more of other attributes which allow them to get the ball in a better position to score, or maybe get less nervous in a 1v1 situation. I would go for fast players instead of good finishers.

About humans, it's normal for them to be harder than AI, since they should try to work their tactics instead of using pre-made ones that the AI use. As long as you are winning more than your opponents, it's fine even if you are only hitting 1% of the shots. Just remember that no tactic can win 100% of the matches.

I totally dominate them but for some reason they do 2 shots and score 2 goals. I do 20 and score 0.

Duller said: I totally dominate them but for some reason they do 2 shots and score 2 goals. I do 20 and score 0.

Welcome to Football Manager!

ZaZ said: Welcome to Football Manager!

Maybe i can get better attacking managers? Could it influence?

Duller said: Maybe i can get better attacking managers? Could it influence?

If you had 20 shots and opponent had 2, then you won tactically. It just means your players didn't do a good job. Either they don't have the right mentality for the job, getting complacent, nervous or anything like that, or maybe you just had a bad day on the office. It happens every now and then, there is no way to avoid that even with the best tactic. If you are still scoring more points than them per match, it's fine.

ZaZ said: If you had 20 shots and opponent had 2, then you won tactically. It just means your players didn't do a good job. Either they don't have the right mentality for the job, getting complacent, nervous or anything like that, or maybe you just had a bad day on the office. It happens every now and then, there is no way to avoid that even with the best tactic. If you are still scoring more points than them per match, it's fine.

Thanks bro

ZaZ said: If you had 20 shots and opponent had 2, then you won tactically. It just means your players didn't do a good job. Either they don't have the right mentality for the job, getting complacent, nervous or anything like that, or maybe you just had a bad day on the office. It happens every now and then, there is no way to avoid that even with the best tactic. If you are still scoring more points than them per match, it's fine.

Btw ZaZ, do u recommend op instructions against big players?

Hello everyone,
sorry for my english i'm french.
I would like to know if any of you had instructions for a "match plan" during an "instant result"?
thank you all for all this great job.

Duller said: Btw ZaZ, do u recommend op instructions against big players?

I never use, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. I just don't know how effective each of those instructions really are.

alexdum03 said: Hello everyone,
sorry for my english i'm french.
I would like to know if any of you had instructions for a "match plan" during an "instant result"?
thank you all for all this great job.

I don't use it, but something like this, starting from Blue 3.0:
- Very Attacking (Dark Blue 3.0) if not winning at second half
- Blue 3.0 if winning by one goal
- Cautious if winning by two goals
- Light Blue 3.0 if winning by three goals

by the way for the LM RM I strongly recommend players with the "ability to do the unexpected is one of the main reasons to go past his man" (its the explosive dynamite icon in "pros";). I guess its fitting so well because it brings the player to that byline to cross from by dribbling past his opponement. Either way for me those guys on the wings are game changers with this tactic. Let me know if u agree.

bwig said: by the way for the LM RM I strongly recommend players with the "ability to do the unexpected is one of the main reasons to go past his man" (its the explosive dynamite icon in "pros";). I guess its fitting so well because it brings the player to that byline to cross from by dribbling past his opponement. Either way for me those guys on the wings are game changers with this tactic. Let me know if u agree.

DW, CM and SS are definitely key for this strategy, as it has some good balance between attack by the middle and wide. If I was to pick one single player to spend loads of money, it would be in the CM. If I was to remove one single player because of a red card, it would also be the CM.

Hi do you still set your players for quickness training even when they clearly can't develop quickness anymore (old players)?

TactocTestor said: Hi do you still set your players for quickness training even when they clearly can't develop quickness anymore (old players)?

I usually only hire players up to 21 years old and don't use any over 29. I might be wrong here, but I think training quickness past 30 years makes their speed drop slower.

Hey @ZaZ, a couple of questions if you don't mind?

With the midfield setup, is it possible to move the DLP into midfield next to the CM?

Also, if you were to have a trio of one for home, one for away and one to deal with the much bigger teams when away, which of your tactics would you use?

Keep up the good work!

CheekyChappy said: Hey @ZaZ, a couple of questions if you don't mind?

With the midfield setup, is it possible to move the DLP into midfield next to the CM?

Also, if you were to have a trio of one for home, one for away and one to deal with the much bigger teams when away, which of your tactics would you use?

Keep up the good work!

About moving DLP to CM, it's "possible", but the tactic would become way worse. I already tested and wouldn't recommend.

I'd tell you to play Blue everywhere, but I don't think that's the answer you want.

I don't see matches as home or away, or against stronger or weaker team. I see as if every match can have three types of moments:

1. When you just want a higher chance to score than the enemy. For this case, I recommend Blue 3.0, but Phoenix and Afterlife are equally good options.

2. When you are willing to sacrifice defense to score more goals. For that task, I would recommend Blue 3.0 with Very Attacking mentality (Dark Blue), but Void would also do a similar job (if not better).

3. When you are willing to sacrifice attack to concede less goals. For this case, I would use Blue 3.0 on Cautious mentality, but Copper and this tweak of Phoenix would also work very well.

Hi should i teach my anyone in my team the ppm like to switch balls to other flanks. Most of the highlights come from through balls/ set piece so im not sure how effective switching balls to other flanks would be.

TactocTestor said: Hi should i teach my anyone in my team the ppm like to switch balls to other flanks. Most of the highlights come from through balls/ set piece so im not sure how effective switching balls to other flanks would be.

From my experience, it doesn't make any meaningful difference so I wouldn't bother with it.

Create an account or log in to leave a comment