TactocTestor said: Hi should i teach my anyone in my team the ppm like to switch balls to other flanks. Most of the highlights come from through balls/ set piece so im not sure how effective switching balls to other flanks would be.

I usually only learn player traits that overlap with their playing role. Since the tactic has already proved to be effective, I prefer to make sure the players stick to it instead of doing some unexpected behavior. I'm not saying switch balls is worse, I just prefer to stick to what I know works well.

Hello, I'm playing the typical journeyman save. In Boston Utd, a semi-professional team. What would you use the 4 training slots on?

Han106 said: Hello, I'm playing the typical journeyman save. In Boston Utd, a semi-professional team. What would you use the 4 training slots on?

Usually Teamwork, Attacking Movement, Defense Positioning and Team Bonding. Those give bonus for the next match, hapiness and cohesion, as well as resting your players enough to be used every single match of the season (since you probably have a small squad).

Since the players are usually awful and your training grounds are also bad, it's kinda pointless to focus on atribute gain.

ZaZ said: Against stronger teams, a good trick is to start the match with Cautious mentality, then change back to Positive or Very Attacking on the second half. It works because players from stronger teams crack down at half time when not winning, or get complacent when winning even by one goal. Then you can surprise them and snatch a win while their performance goes down. Against weaker teams, it's often better to just start with Very Attacking mentality. If you are also training Light Blue and Dark Blue, the change in mentality won't affect your tactical affinity.

hello , how do you determine if your team is stronger or weaker than the opponent?

thepunisher23 said: hello , how do you determine if your team is stronger or weaker than the opponent?

A stronger team is one that you don't expect to win in normal circunstances. For example, when a newly promoted team in Premier League faces the likes of Liverpool. In that case, I often use the strategy to stall in the first half, to get opponents nervous or complacent, then I change mentality in the second half to snatch a winning goal when they start performing worse.

More dribbling = good. So should i teach my defenders to play out of trouble and bring balls out of defence?

TactocTestor said: More dribbling = good. So should i teach my defenders to play out of trouble and bring balls out of defence?

To be honest, I checked the data of my team and defenders do very close to zero dribbles per match, so I'm not sure if bringing the ball out of defense would make much of a difference. I'm not sure why it still works better with "dribble more" than without.

I think it may have to do with the defenders will refrain from just hoofing the ball up when being put under pressure? Like maybe my defenders will be more willing to bring the balls higher up the field before passing?

Those wingers. Just use normal wingers? Or like defenders who make winger?

Babyzz said: Those wingers. Just use normal wingers? Or like defenders who make winger?

Normal wingers with lots of pace, acceleration, agility and dribbling.

Hey ZaZ, amazing work on the tactic. Can you talk about how you may look to adapt the tactic when we are in lower leagues (vanarama national), for example, is a bpd still a good idea with generally bad defenders? Etc. Also, with my shitty 21st predicted team I did win the title but I seem to be leaking a lot of goals on the latter end of the game, minutes 70+ that cost me a lot of wins - blue on cautious or light blue doesn’t seem to do the job. Is there a more park the bus kind of a tactic you would recommend to close tight games out? Thanks in advance <3

Kathos said: Hey ZaZ, amazing work on the tactic. Can you talk about how you may look to adapt the tactic when we are in lower leagues (vanarama national), for example, is a bpd still a good idea with generally bad defenders? Etc. Also, with my shitty 21st predicted team I did win the title but I seem to be leaking a lot of goals on the latter end of the game, minutes 70+ that cost me a lot of wins - blue on cautious or light blue doesn’t seem to do the job. Is there a more park the bus kind of a tactic you would recommend to close tight games out? Thanks in advance <3

If you won the league, that's what matters in the end. I think the problem of your team is emotional. When a team is overachieving, it can get nervous in important matches (those deciding the title) or complacent in less important matches, specially when you are winning too many in a row. You need to use shouts and team talk to counter that.

Just remember that you are the weak team of the league. That means your players are worse, making more mistakes than the opponents. Maybe you feel like the BPD or another role costed you a victory here or there, but you need to also consider how many times they made you win against all odds.

Kathos said: Hey ZaZ, amazing work on the tactic. Can you talk about how you may look to adapt the tactic when we are in lower leagues (vanarama national), for example, is a bpd still a good idea with generally bad defenders? Etc. Also, with my shitty 21st predicted team I did win the title but I seem to be leaking a lot of goals on the latter end of the game, minutes 70+ that cost me a lot of wins - blue on cautious or light blue doesn’t seem to do the job. Is there a more park the bus kind of a tactic you would recommend to close right games out? Thanks in advance <3

ZaZ said: If you won the league, that's what matters in the end. I think the problem of your team is emotional. When a team is overachieving, it can get nervous in important matches (those deciding the title) or complacent in less important matches, specially when you are winning too many in a row. You need to use shouts and team talk to counter that.

Just remember that you are the weak team of the league. That means your players are worse, making more mistakes than the opponents. Maybe you feel like the BPD or another role costed you a victory here or there, but you need to also consider how many times they made you win against all odds.

True you’re right winning is what matters in the end, but I only have to look back to the last 7 years, took me 4 years to get through playoffs and win promotion to vanarama national and 2 years of coming 6th or so to winning the league this time. Another question I had is the throw ins, the players seem to throw it directly to the enemy team at times and considering there are only the wingbacks defending at the halfway line, I’ve conceded many goals on the counter attack like this. I don’t remember this happening in my leipzig save(I used blue there as well) where I won 2 ucl and 4 league titles in 4 years so maybe it’s just the players but can you think of anything that would fix this? And also can you talk more about how to stop them from being complacent? Because you’re right - my team seems to lose more to lower table teams than bigger ones. Thanks a bunch for the help really appreciate it.

Kathos said: True you’re right winning is what matters in the end, but I only have to look back to the last 7 years, took me 4 years to get through playoffs and win promotion to vanarama national and 2 years of coming 6th or so to winning the league this time. Another question I had is the throw ins, the players seem to throw it directly to the enemy team at times and considering there are only the wingbacks defending at the halfway line, I’ve conceded many goals on the counter attack like this. I don’t remember this happening in my leipzig save(I used blue there as well) where I won 2 ucl and 4 league titles in 4 years so maybe it’s just the players but can you think of anything that would fix this? And also can you talk more about how to stop them from being complacent? Because you’re right - my team seems to lose more to lower table teams than bigger ones. Thanks a bunch for the help really appreciate it.

About throw-ins, I can only imagine you might have slow defenders in the back. Try to get defenders with high acceleration and pace.

For complacency, you need to use pep talk to challenge your players before matches and complain when they underachieve. For example, if they are winning by only one goal a match were you are expected to dominate, don't be afraid to tell you are unhappy with their performance.

Thanks for your patience with us asking questions.

What is the 'DEFAULT' mentality for Zazz blue when going on vacation & leaving the Ass Man in charge?

Machismo said: Thanks for your patience with us asking questions.

What is the 'DEFAULT' mentality for Zazz blue when going on vacation & leaving the Ass Man in charge?

The default mentality is Positive. You can change to Cautious when you want to hold a score or to Very Attacking when trying to grab goals, but to have the best win rate overall, it's Positive.

Hello @ZaZ again. I've moved from Vanarama North to what I believe is Spain's 4th division with Cacereño and the board has given me another 2 extra training slots. So now I have 6 training slots instead of 4. What would you recommend me to use the extra 2 slots on?

Han106 said: Hello @ZaZ again. I've moved from Vanarama North to what I believe is Spain's 4th division with Cacereño and the board has given me another 2 extra training slots. So now I have 6 training slots instead of 4. What would you recommend me to use the extra 2 slots on?

Day A - Attacking Movement + Match Practice
Day B - Defensive Shape + Match Practice
Day C - Teamwork + Quickness

That covers match bonuses, happiness, cohesion and the most important attributes (speed).

By the way, Blue with Much Higher Defensive Line can achieve better point per match and goal difference than normal defensive line, but it's also unstable and can achieve lower in both. If anyone wants to try and give me a second opinion, I would appreciate.

ZaZ said: The default mentality is Positive. You can change to Cautious when you want to hold a score or to Very Attacking when trying to grab goals, but to have the best win rate overall, it's Positive.

Just checking -
Home games - Positive
Defend a lead - Cautious
behind need a goal - Very Attacking

Away vs elite -  ??

About 'very Attacking' - use Zazz blue or Zazz Red?

Machismo said: Just checking -
Home games - Positive
Defend a lead - Cautious
behind need a goal - Very Attacking

Away vs elite -  ??

About 'very Attacking' - use Zazz blue or Zazz Red?

Away vs Elite you can start with cautious to hold the score, then change to Very Attacking in second half if not winning, when they will perform worse because of complacency or nervousness. About very attacking, it's with Blue tactic.

CM(a) attributes asks for decent tackling for the role. Is that needed in ur tactic, given that he is a more goalscoring player?

Xeno94 said: CM(a) attributes asks for decent tackling for the role. Is that needed in ur tactic, given that he is a more goalscoring player?

I would advise not to look for a high tackling attribute for CM(a) or DLP(s), I think only the central defenders need it.

Maybe, @ZaZ has a different opinion.

Milakus said: I would advise not to look for a high tackling attribute for CM(a) or DLP(s), I think only the central defenders need it.

Ok thanks.

@ZaZ Do you have player filters for this tactic?

Xeno94 said: Ok thanks.

You really don't need any filters. Just follow this table - https://fm-arena.com/table/9-important-attributes/

You should look for high Acceleration, Pace, Agility, Balance, Dribbling and Vision attributes for any position except the central defenders because having high Dribbling and Vision attributes aren't that important for them.

Xeno94 said: CM(a) attributes asks for decent tackling for the role. Is that needed in ur tactic, given that he is a more goalscoring player?

I usually don't focus much on tackling since it's more common to intercept the ball or anticipate the opponents with speed rather than with actual tackles.

Xeno94 said: Ok thanks.

Sorry, I don't. There is the link posted by @Poacher down there, as well as a discussion about filter for genie scout in this link, by @Mark and others.

Milakus said: I would advise not to look for a high tackling attribute for CM(a) or DLP(s), I think only the central defenders need it.

No, I agree with you. It was tested here and it made no difference, so I just accept it. If it had any importance at all, there would be a difference in goals conceded or points per match, but it didn't seem to have much effect. I would rather have those points in speed instead.

@prutton: I remembered u used tight marking for the midfield in the beginning of your tactics? do you think it's better without tighter marking?

malte722 said: @prutton: I remembered u used tight marking for the midfield in the beginning of your tactics? do you think it's better without tighter marking?

In this last patch, Tight Marking is less effective than not using it. Don't ask me why.

just wow

just me said: just wow

To be honest, Real Madrid went downhill when it chose Vini Jr to be his future star. =p

Create an account or log in to leave a comment